Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security system install

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:16 AM
nada1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Security system install

I am installing the factory system on my 05 Road King. Can anyone tell me how to get the modules working togeather? The instructions just want me to let the dealer install, I have the service manual for the 05 and it says nothing about passowrd learning.

Old 03-25-2005, 05:40 PM
luvmyflhtcui
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Security system install

I have the factory security system on my 2004 Ultra and I do not have a password installed in it that I know of. I only use the key fob that came with it. The password, if I am not mistaken, is an option to allow you to arm/dearm the system without the keyfob. The directions are kind of confusing and I have not taken the time to try to mess with the passowrd stuff. I do know that the password is used in conjunction with the switches on the handlebars.

Good luck.

[IMG]local://upfiles/494/4B1D87FB81EA4119973063074D65280E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Triple Z
Cruiser

The security system kit comes with a booklet and an instruction sheet.
The instruction sheet just details the basic installation. The booklet tells you how to do the actual initialization and password learning.

Old 03-25-2005, 09:30 PM
nada1
Advanced

My kit came with 3 books (only one in english) and the instruction sheet that is worthless, basically tells you to let dealer install, the book is nothing but alarm operating instructions along with how to set the system up with a passcode to use if you dont have the fob. It says nothing anywhere that i can find on how you get the tssm module to marry up with the FI module. It says nothing anywhere about the actual initalization. If you have a copy of this I would love to have it.

Old 03-25-2005, 09:33 PM
nada1
Advanced

Almost forgot....the system PN is 68200-00C and the english instruction book with it is PN 99962-03

Old 03-26-2005, 12:40 AM
swb
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: nada1

I am installing the factory system on my 05 Road King. Can anyone tell me how to get the modules working togeather? The instructions just want me to let the dealer install, I have the service manual for the 05 and it says nothing about passowrd learning.

Give a few more details about what you mean by "get the modules working together".

Old 03-26-2005, 12:52 AM
nada1
Advanced

The tsm is on the bike with no security system, you replace it with the tssm module, then, when you disarm the security system and turn the ignition on, the tssm module will tell the Ignition module (ecm) that everything is OK, go ahead and start the bike. when you replace any one of the modules, they are no longer synchronized. If you fail to synchronize the tssm with the ecm, the ecm module will not receive the correct code, the bike will not start, as it will do what it is suppose to and think a theft is in progress, and a fuel error code will be entered in the computer. IE: you need to get them talking, the dealer will do it with a computer, but there is a way to do it without one, I just don't know where to find the information.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:15 PM
nada1
Advanced

Nice looking ride....But you really must get the passcode going, I have been working with this system for about a week now and I must say it is quite a complex little box IF you have fuel injection. The reason I suggest you get the passcode working is that if you damage the keyfob or lose it somewhere when the system is armed, you are hosed. Not even a dealer with the Digital Tech can get the ECM or the TSSM to unlock. The tssm will have changed the codes, so the only way around it to replace the TSSM with a new one, at $269 list. Not that big of a pain to get the passcode working, Hope ya try it

Old 05-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Flight6
Stage I

I'm having the same problem, bike with EFI sputters but doesn't start with new module installed. Put the old one back and it starts and runs just fine. All the key fob initialization and personal code stuff still works, just the new module won't let the efi module run. Anyone got a clue what the secret is?

Old 05-30-2005, 10:08 PM
nada1
Advanced

I had the same problem... FINALLY on the third time it worked....not sure why, but the third time I used a watch instead of waiting on the lights to change and it worked....

Quick Reply: Security system install