Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Suit: Which one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:32 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the HD Gore-Tex rain suit and love it. I've ridden in the rain more times than I care to think about this year and it's performed flawlessly. But remember, the rain suit is only one piece of the puzzle. You'll also need waterproof gloves and boots and a full face helmet if you want to ride for a good distance and stay dry.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:58 AM
seldyn1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the HD packable ($100.00) and it has a heat sheild built in. It is samll so takes up very little room and works well.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Ultra Will
Advanced

There are numerous HD rain suits available on e-bay with heat shields starting at $89.95. Unless the suit has a heat shield it will melt.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:14 AM
HOGNUTZ
Cruiser

I have the Harley Men's Overpass II Rain Jacket and Pant black and gray with reflective piping and Harley-Davidson graphics ($150). I also have the Rain Gaite Lug Sole ($45) that slip over your boots.

Last edited by HOGNUTZ; 09-13-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HOGNUTZ
I have the Harley Men's Overpass II Rain Jacket and Pant black and gray with reflective piping and Harley-Davidson graphics ($150). I also have the Rain Gaite Lug Sole ($45) that slip over your boots.

+1 those are the ones my wife and I have. They work real well, easy to get on and off and keep you dry. Easy to pack too. My only complaint is the dark colors. On a dark stormy day I think they help hide you into the enviorment like a marine snipers gilly suit But than I ride like no one can see me anyways.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:33 PM
buzzy62
Advanced

my wife bought me hd gotex suit rode to laconia and back this year the olny thing that got wet on me going was my feet and around my neck. coming back hit a rain and hail storm going thought mohawk state forest bone dry except for feet, used the since cord around neck stay dry. stop at spitzie's hd bought the gore tex footie and stay dry all the way to pa.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:15 PM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best rain gear I know of is the Harley set I recieved as a gift when I was transferred to another manufacturing facility. It is a nice set and it cost me nothing :-)

I also have the Tourmaster Flex jacket with a built in rain liner. I love that jacket but I had to buy that myself. :-(

spiz

Old 09-13-2008, 02:20 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Candy King
One good thing about HD is that you can check them out at your local dealer, instead of ordering from the computer. Sizing with clothes that you wear over other clothes is hard to figure.
I have the HD suit and really like it. The jacket is orange and black with reflective piping, very visible (and good looking too). The pants have heat resistant material on the inside of both legs, and they zipper all the way up and down on the outside of the legs (easy to get on and off).
I was luck enough to pick them up at the sales rack, but wouldn't regret it if I had paid full price.
+1 on trying them on beforehand. I'm 6'3, 265, with a size 14 boot. I wanted to be sure I wouldn't have to fight to put the suit on over my normal riding clothes. This is very important, you want the suit to be easy on and off, so you can put it on quickly in the case of a sudden downpour. I tried on several different brands at the Harley store, the BMW shop, and a hunting place. Ended up going with the HD because they fit the best, and could handle my boots.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:47 PM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hoffy
+1 those are the ones my wife and I have. They work real well, easy to get on and off and keep you dry. Easy to pack too. My only complaint is the dark colors. On a dark stormy day I think they help hide you into the enviorment like a marine snipers gilly suit But than I ride like no one can see me anyways.
+ 2

Picked up my High Vis rain suit and gators today. Tired of getting wet using my fishing rain gear (and its all black/no reflective capabilities at all).

After several weeks of trying on different brands at the BMW / Honda / Cycle Gear - store shops etc etc shops here in DFW.

And pouring over argumentative threads on different forums and checking out Rain Gear reviews by other sources such as online cycle mags....

I chose the HD .. love the removable suspenders on the pants, as well as the rubber butt to keep you from sliding all over yer seat.

Not a single other company (that I found) has anywhere near the extent of cool graphics and reflective visibility. Also the stuff sack that comes with the suit is heavy duty and as an added bonus.... will hold the gators too... heh (c:

99%r

Old 09-13-2008, 03:11 PM
chskyscraper
Advanced

Nilson-Rigg I can t say enough about how dry my suit has kept me! I was so impressed with it that I had to write to Nelson-Rigg and Thank them for a quality product. You won t be sorry if you pick one of these rain suits up.

Quick Reply: Rain Suit: Which one?