Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Suit: Which one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XTrooper3936
Because they're the only ones on the planet selling quality rain gear?
Why are you being an azz? Because I said HD rain gear is great stuff? You are reading your own words into my statement. I did not say HD is the only stuff, and so what even if I did? What I did say is HD is good rain gear that will last you and not wear out. Because you have a problem with comprehension skills does not excuse you to treat people like crap.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:48 PM
xcelr8
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hoffy
If you want it to last and if its going to be used often go HD.
+1. I bought the top of the line Harley Gore-Tex suit, and never looked back. The El Cheapo suits make you feel like you are in a sauna in hot weather, while the Gore-Tex breathes. My penny pinching wife bought the $100 HD suit, and she used it when we got caught in a rainstorm in the Florida keys in July. She said she would have been just as wet if she never put the suit on. Meanwhile, I was wearing my set, and remained dry as a bone.

I would think that someone in a very cold climate might get away with the HD $100 set.

BTW.........don't get into it with trooper. He still thinks he's a cop.

Last edited by xcelr8; 09-12-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:56 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Frogg Toggs will melt instantly in contact with a hot pipe. Yeah, you can ask me how I know.....

Caught in the heavy rain out in Sturgis two years ago, we couldn't help but notice the vastly superior reflectivity of the HD rain gear. Man, we could read the logos from half a mile away.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:58 PM
natewat
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your replies everyone. I have been looking into the different types mentioned and I am wondering if the suits with the heat resistant material will actually keep the material from melting or getting all over the pipes. As you can see in my sig pic the rear pipe comes down right at my right leg.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:03 PM
xcelr8
Road Master

Originally Posted by natewat
I am wondering if the suits with the heat resistant material will actually keep the material from melting or getting all over the pipes..
The top of the line HD suits have material that does not melt.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 PM
RBWIDE
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If anyone from the MOCO ever checks this forum, I'd like to suggest that if you came out with a Hi-Viz *gore-tex* rainsuit, you'd probably have a hard time keeping them in stock. The fact that they're so dark-colored right now is the *only* reason I haven't bought one.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know where I can get a set of good rain Gaiters?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 PM
xcelr8
Road Master

$40 @ Harley

Old 09-12-2008, 09:46 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

I've got the Tourmaster Sentinal jacket and matching overpants with "nomex" lining on the inside of the lower legs to prevent melting on pipes. Can't recommend them highly enough. The jacket is in high visibility yellow. I've used them several times and always got home bone dry.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:47 PM
mykee
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by XTrooper3936
Check into Frogg Toggs. They make several motorcycle-specific rainsuits that are outstanding. Both their Leep Frogg and Elite models are good choices.
My Wife and I used these on a trip this summer, ran into a great deal of rain, the jacket flaps a great deal in the wind, and the legs will melt easily if touch the pipes. I will invest in another type next time. They are light and fairly comfortable - Do keep you pretty dry.

Quick Reply: Rain Suit: Which one?