Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fairing Brackets Now Radio Sits Farther Back

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:13 PM
07flicks
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Fairing Brackets Now Radio Sits Farther Back

I am a little bummed. Is it normal for the radio to get moved backwards when they replace fairing brackets. My radio was fine and then when they did I would say that its about at least 1/2" further back in the fairing now than it was before? Is this normal or is there a problem. It looks silly and I think the little piece of weather stripping is now not on the fairing but inside the fairing. Just wondering how to re adjust or is there a bigger alignment probelm than I realize. I am concerned about water getting in the fairing with the radio sitting further back.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:17 PM
texas steve
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 07flicks
I am a little bummed. Is it normal for the radio to get moved backwards when they replace fairing brackets. My radio was fine and then when they did I would say that its about at least 1/2" further back in the fairing now than it was before? Is this normal or is there a problem. It looks silly and I think the little piece of weather stripping is now not on the fairing but inside the fairing. Just wondering how to re adjust or is there a bigger alignment probelm than I realize. I am concerned about water getting in the fairing with the radio sitting further back.
You can adjust that. there are 4 screws that hold the radio in and the holes are slotted. just losen them and slide the radio more forward.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:18 PM
sortasuave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07flicks
I just changed out my Vertical brackets and did not have this problem. So something ain't right there!

You might pop the fairing cover off and see if you can see what's wrong. I don't remember there being any adjustment that could be made. But I could be wrong.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:21 PM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Had mine changed and the radio is in the same spot as before ... something is not right. Take the outer faring off and take a look

Old 09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The vertical brackets are slotted so you can move the radio out again, I think the slots are like 1/2 inch long giving about 3/4" movement front,and back.