Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ridin in the rain

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool Ridin in the rain

I got up this morning to go to work and had a fine little rain going on. thought for about 30 seconds about taking my truck, but told myself you bought the bike to ride, now get going!
The fairing and lowers kept me pretty dry and I only had on my ACU's (Army). The bike handled very solid and the only problem I had was my glasses fogging up. I hate to miss a day of riding, it starts and ends my day on a good note. Anyone else a rain rider?

Old 09-11-2008, 03:42 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,111 Likes on 11,635 Posts

If you ride, you've ridden in the rain...
if you haven't ridden in the rain, you don't ride....

At least I can't imagine never have ridden in the rain !!!!!
Was caught in a hurricane going to Rolling Thunder in 2001,
5 country boys from Maine being blown across the interstate
in Maryland...
Made it from Bar Harbor to Alexandria, Va....spent the night
then went to the Pentagon for the parade ride to D.C.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,917 Likes on 1,430 Posts

We left Bryan, TX in the rain one year, rode 1500 miles to Sturgis, went through Wyoming and back to Bryan. It rained the whole way except for one thunderstorm at Sturgis. We were pretty soaked.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:02 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, rode from San Antonio to Corpus Christi a few nights ago in the rain. Rain doesn't bother me, what I don't like is long trips through the night.

Funny how when I got to SA, peeps came outside to greet and commented about the wet ride I was going to have on the way home. I said this aint no bar hopper, and it aint scared of the rain.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:06 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

The only thing I hate about riding in the rain is the 3 hours it takes me to clean my ride when I get home!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
The only thing I hate about riding in the rain is the 3 hours it takes me to clean my ride when I get home!
+1 on the cleanup I can do it in about a hour and a half if I just wash and no wax
I usually get in the rain about 50 miles after I just did a good cleanup

Old 09-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Just got back from the Black Hills. It was raining like mad when we arrived in Sturgis after dark, and then we had to ride into the hills to our cabin in Deadwood. Twisting turning mountain roads, raining and at night, it was so hard to see with oncoming head lights I didn't even know if I was in my lane. WAY TOO SCAREY!!

Made it in one piece, but needed to change my shorts. I'm done with rain for a while.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:37 PM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went up to Daytona for Bike Week this year. Had the OL on the back and the whole way up it was incredible. Couldn't have ordered better weather. About 10 minutes after we got there, it started to sprinkle. We looked around for a little while and decided to head to the hotel to check in just in case there was a problem with the room. We were staying in Deland about 25-30 miles away. As soon as we hit I-95, it started to rain down in buckets. Guess where the rain gear was? Won't make that mistake twice. By the time we got to the hotel, we were both drenched to the bone. Checked in and headed straight to the bar. We sat at the bar dripping water all over the carpet. They had buckets of beer for $5.00 except they were out of buckets. Had my five at the bar and then the bartender fixed me a to go "bucket" in a plastic bag with some ice. Ended up making a couple more trips down to the bar for her to fetch me another "bucket". It was an awesome trip that wouldn't have had as much excitement had it not been raining. Enjoyed every minute of it...almost.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:44 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not much fun riding in the rain, but I will do it when necessary. It is not as safe for one thing, you have to really be about your business. My glasses fog up really bad, and I end up tucking in behind the batwing and windshield so I don't get pelted too hard.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Not pleasant but a cost of during business...

Quick Reply: Ridin in the rain