Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kawasaki nomad turned into harley

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008 | 11:16 PM
realbiker
Cruiser

Many of you are correct, as long as you ride is important. But, God please quit allowing post like these with such subjects as wannabe Harleys or to the people who post them. If you want harmony, join a choir and keep the non Harley bikes, riders and post off this forum! This is a Harley forum, and I don't get any thoughts or jollies going to a metric site etc....my 2 cents

Last edited by realbiker; 09-14-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2008 | 05:32 AM
Old Gray Beard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bossman1
Evidently TWO BOMBS WEREN'T ENOUGH!!!!
Guess you watched all those WWII movies on your Sony

Old 09-15-2008 | 06:48 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Forget Japan, today it's CHINA that is importing to the USA like mad! At least there is a Harley dealer now selling in China.....

Think about what you would be paying for your new HD if it weren't for lower priced, equal or better quality imports from Japan to set some competition. How may of you could afford another couple of thou for your new bike?

Let those who ride, decide.. (Helmets and Bike choice too)

Old 09-15-2008 | 04:00 PM
K00LJerk
Road Captain

ya can't beat em...join em

Old 09-15-2008 | 04:23 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member

Originally Posted by Old Gray Beard
Guess you watched all those WWII movies on your Sony
Now that's funny right there!!

Old 09-15-2008 | 10:23 PM
zzmellio
Tourer
Default Ultra Star?

Check these out

Attached Thumbnails Kawasaki nomad turned into harley-normal_ultrastars_012.jpg   Kawasaki nomad turned into harley-normal_ultrastar5.jpg   Kawasaki nomad turned into harley-normal_ultrastar3.jpg  

Last edited by zzmellio; 09-15-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-15-2008 | 10:26 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Default Nice work

Good looking bike... is it a Star?

Old 09-15-2008 | 10:28 PM
zzmellio
Tourer

Yamaha Road Star with HD bags

Old 09-15-2008 | 10:33 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Lightbulb

Knew a guy 30+ years ago that had taken a Kawasaki 900 and put on Harley rear fender and lights, and HD hard saddlebags. From the rear it looked like you were following a Electra Glide. He had "SakiHog" painted on the tank.

Old 09-16-2008 | 06:33 AM
Old Gray Beard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
Forget Japan, today it's CHINA that is importing to the USA like mad! At least there is a Harley dealer now selling in China.....

Think about what you would be paying for your new HD if it weren't for lower priced, equal or better quality imports from Japan to set some competition. How may of you could afford another couple of thou for your new bike?

Let those who ride, decide.. (Helmets and Bike choice too)
I guess that we have to keep in mind that this "global economy" thing is something that we (the USA) really started not by these countries exporting but by us importing from them..

Fact is we used to make fun of the "cheap and crappy goods" from Japan then came the quality stuff...they just took what we had and made it better...when labor became too high in Japan the Koreans stepped in they learned from the Japanese..started with cheap and crappy look at the Hyundai product of today..not to mention that both countries now manufacture (or at least assemble) a lot of product right here and employ more Americans than many "American" companies. China doesn't just export to us we IMPORT from China we don't have to but again cheap labor and now their "Crappy" goods that we used to think of as cheap novelty items are showing some quality...and I for one 37 years ago would never have thought that most of my "higher" quality shirts would be Made in Vietnam..
and of course to all you guys driving your Ford and Chevy "Made in Mexico" pickups...

It is really a different world from that in which some of us grew up in and one that some of us talk about and never knew..

The beauty of being American is that we have a choice as to what we want to purchase and what we want to ride..I ride a Harley because I want to I also ride a Kawasaki for the same reason...So who knows maybe one day a Chinese company will be hiring Americans right here too?

BTW if it makes any of you feel any better the Chinese Stock market got killed with the collapse of Lehman Brothers too....guess we taught em a lesson there lol

Quick Reply: Kawasaki nomad turned into harley