Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kawasaki nomad turned into harley

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008 | 07:55 PM
Scubadog
Cruiser

To each his own. This guy put the time and $ in to get what he wants. Screw what anyone else thinks.

Old 09-13-2008 | 08:05 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member

Some of my friends ride metric Harley look-a-likes and I use to make fun of them for not buying the real thing until I realized they could not afford a Harley. I don't make fun of them anymore.

Old 09-13-2008 | 08:48 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Wink Good Fences Make Good Neighbors...

It's a shame. A lot of $ and ugly engine, trans, etc... Maybe cut out the radiator. Now, if he likes it and is comfortable riding it, wonderful. I could not get rid of my Nomad fast enough. It was a good looking bike that I chromed out and did some engine upgrades... but when the day was done it was not a Harley. Now, my FLHRC is incredbile...

Old 09-13-2008 | 11:19 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

Originally Posted by c50plus
I found this looking around. This guy turned his Nomad into a HD look alike.
he did a good job but will never look as good as my 08 Ultra Classic.

see link below:

http://nomad.eurekaboy.com/currentnomadpix.htm
Metric loser wannabbe!

Old 09-13-2008 | 11:54 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

Originally Posted by Snowfly
I just don't understand why most people are ******* this ride. It's his bike and he probably has gotten just as much enjoyment building it, chasing parts down, having friends over and tinkering about in his garage putting together what his idea of a nice bike is just as much as all of us. After all, isn't that what we all do. We each have or own opinion of what looks good and what doesn't. If we all liked the same thing, all bikes would look exactly the same. If he were broken down on the road would you just pass him by because it isn't a Harley or would you stop and ask if you could help. I just bought my first Harley and have enjoyed the bike and the people I've meet. I'm new to the forum but have to say that I'm a little disappointed to hear all the bashing going on. To each his/her own. That's what makes this America.
Snowfly, you're right about to each his own but I've got to say, as far as bashing goes- turn about is fair play. I rode with a couple of guys for years that rode yamahas. I didn't care what they rode because as you say, to each his own. I did get sick and tired of them constantly bagging on my ride. An '04 Road King. The never let up. They had the mentality that the Harleys still leaked oil and broke down all the time. That you spent more time wrenching than riding, all that crap. The funny thing is is that they both dressed in full leather, chaps, vests and jackets that copied the Harley style. even on super hot days they had to have their "uniform" on. They had to have their do-rags and harley type heavy boots. They were a fu__ing joke. They didn't know enough about Harley bikes to know that my bike was fuel injected, computerized or had electronic gauges. Their bikes didn't have this. It really puzzled them how they had to fill up their gas tanks a lot more often than I did. When a woman stopped by my bike once and said she always wanted to ride on a Harley they gave her a hard time and said she should prefer to ride on a bike like theirs. I finally got so sick of their crap I quit riding with them. So---as far as being dissappointed about the bashing, don't be. The metric guys are much worse than we are. Just go to one of their functions and you'll find out first hand. Our HOG chapter welcomes all bikes to our functions and poker runs. They don't.

Last edited by wood butcher; 09-13-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar
Old 09-14-2008 | 02:58 AM
bikergeoff
Road Master

I say good for him. If he did the work himself, there's no way he spent even half of what it would cost to buy a EGC. I've owned and ridden 4 Hondas, 4 Kawasakis, and 2 Harleys. The most reliable bike I've ever owned? A Honda Shadow Aero 1100. The bike I covered the most miles on? A Kawasaki LTD 550. My favorite bike? The 1974 Ironhead Sportster I bought as a box of parts and built myself. Ride whatever you want. Just ride!

Old 09-14-2008 | 06:48 AM
LucklessPedestrian
Road Captain

Originally Posted by realbiker
To use the current buzz.....like lipstick on a pig! Never will it be what he wants it to be.....never! PS, this is a Harley site!!!!
We surely do not know this...it could be exactly want he wants it to be, more comfort and storage, wind protection. I personnally do not think the intent was to make it a Harley...oh, BTW, I do believe it was a Harley rider/member who brought this into this site.

I own HD and metric...and feel fortunate to have both the HD mystic/image etc and technology/dependability of metric. Does it really matter as long as we have the wind at our face and knees...I surely would not have an issue with a jap bike pulling up behind me along the side of the road if I were broke down in the middle of nowhere/or to ride along. The MOCO should probably thank the jap mfgs for being able to allow large numbers of people an affordable quality option to get into or back into riding...as a substantial percentage of those will eventually end up selling/trading into a HD. just my $.02

Last edited by LucklessPedestrian; 09-14-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-14-2008 | 06:54 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Evidently TWO BOMBS WEREN'T ENOUGH!!!!

Old 09-14-2008 | 07:55 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

Yikes~!

Old 09-14-2008 | 08:11 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sikryd2
Not to mention it look like he could do a wheelie if he put too much weight in the tour pack falling off the back!
That's what I was going to post, but you beat me to it

Quick Reply: Kawasaki nomad turned into harley