Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kawasaki nomad turned into harley

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008 | 07:48 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

take on a Nomad.
Actually the 2000 is the only one that is a handful. It can go either way, depends on the rider and if I pay enough attention to get off the line properly. I do not do top end runs. Things get to going by too fast.

Old 09-13-2008 | 08:15 AM
Heathen
Tourer

Why ????

Old 09-13-2008 | 09:23 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member

I cant stand jap want a be bikes. I would never own one. I respect the jap sport bike designs as they have their own thing going on. The Triump, BMW, and even the Gold Wings all have their own thing.

If I didn't ride Harleys, I would probably have a Triump for around town and a BMW Adventure for touring. I just don't see the point in trying to make a bike into a Harley copy.

Old 09-13-2008 | 09:29 AM
ms3300
Road Captain
Default Royal Star Venture S

Check out the Royal Star Venture S...it looks about as close to an EGC that you can get w/o getting sued.

Old 09-13-2008 | 12:33 PM
bdaug50
Cruiser

Oh God its hideous!

Old 09-13-2008 | 01:24 PM
BCGlide
Cruiser

The bike needs HD emblems!!

(and HD frame, motor, tank, bags, VIN, etc, etc, etc) LOL

Seriously though, each to their own. My buttocks have rested many o'mile on far East bike - some folks (many) even thought 'it' was a Harley. Such flattery!

Old 09-13-2008 | 06:01 PM
realbiker
Cruiser

To use the current buzz.....like lipstick on a pig! Never will it be what he wants it to be.....never! PS, this is a Harley site!!!!

Old 09-13-2008 | 06:42 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Having had two Nomads, it looks like a Nomad to me but I get the idea. He did a nice job with the fairing and trunk and I also installed a trunk on mine too. I liked the 1600 version better because it had a slightly longer frame. Now I'm strongly considering a new 09 Road Glide but want to test one first to be sure I don't feel cramped. (My last Harley was an AMF and now it's time to get a better one.)

Last edited by RODEO; 09-13-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2008 | 06:57 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior

A buddy of mine has done the same thing to his bike. And it looks really good. We have a friend of ours has a bike shop and he got the fairing and trunk for next to nothing so very little money went into it. He even painted it himself. He has a Duece but rides the Nomad on long rides. Remember guys just cause it aint a Harley don't mean it is any less of a bike. The entire "but it aint a Harley" thing is just a little silly to me. I could care less what you ride, as long as you ride! JMO

Old 09-13-2008 | 07:43 PM
Snowfly
Tourer

I just don't understand why most people are ******* this ride. It's his bike and he probably has gotten just as much enjoyment building it, chasing parts down, having friends over and tinkering about in his garage putting together what his idea of a nice bike is just as much as all of us. After all, isn't that what we all do. We each have or own opinion of what looks good and what doesn't. If we all liked the same thing, all bikes would look exactly the same. If he were broken down on the road would you just pass him by because it isn't a Harley or would you stop and ask if you could help. I just bought my first Harley and have enjoyed the bike and the people I've meet. I'm new to the forum but have to say that I'm a little disappointed to hear all the bashing going on. To each his/her own. That's what makes this America.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki nomad turned into harley