Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laid Her Over

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:36 AM
nolafishr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laid Her Over

I went out Riding Yesterday and pulled into a Convenience Store for a Break, I pulled into a Parking Spot and noticed I was too far to one side so I started to back the Bike out and straighten up and when I turned the Wheel to go back she started to go over on me and I was sitting on the Bike trying to hold it up but it was too much for me so I let Her go over easy onto the Engine Guard and Saddlebag Guard, I got off and started to pick Her up and a Guy saw what happened and came over to help me out, we got her back up and on the Wheels. I told Him I felt like a Fool, He said do not worry about it and that it happens, I told Him Thanks for the Help. I checked over the Bike for any damage and did not see any, not even scrapes or scratches on the Engine/Saddlebag Guards, Thank God for them because it could have been worse. I will be more careful next time if I have to do that, it was a First.

2008 Electra Glide Classic - Vivid Black

Old 09-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Hugh Jass
Tourer

Been there done that! I was stopped in my garage getting ready to back out and over she went, just like the frickn Titanic. I was pretty bummed after that, but it made me realize how easy that can happen. I am in the same pain, maybe we should start a group therapy session.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:03 AM
csmlopez
Cruiser
Smile

Scary right? I always tell everyone who buys a bike; first mod is highway bars! They protect your bike, legs and take most of the scraps and bang when your sliding down the road on one side only.

This is the reason I lift weights every day, so I can man handel my RK.

VR

Old 09-09-2008, 06:09 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the same thing last month while on vacation with the wife. We rented a cabin and it was on a sloped gravel drive. I stopped and by the time my right foot finally touched the ground, the bike was leaning too far and fell over. Seemed like slow motion too. We picked it up and there wasn't a scratch.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:26 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dag nabbit, thought i was suppose to give N.O. a bad name and now you tryin to steal it.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These bikes do have some weight behind them. Once they start going if you're not big enough you're not going to stop them. Luckily I've not had a problem yet but a few close calls.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:55 AM
badlandr
Road Captain

Yep been there too!
I was riding oneday pulled into a gas station and went to park as I was turning I saw a big oil patch. I hit the front brake to stop before I hit it and dropped the bike. The funny part is before I could get off the bike 2 guys ran up and picked it up while I was still sitting on it.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:03 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to the club...
Dave

Old 09-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Sodiee
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't worry about it.On time,years ago,I forgot to put the kickstand down on my Sportster.I remembered about the kickstaind when I went to get off my bike but it was too late.The bike and I both went over.Several people came over to help me and my bike up.I was embarrassed but life goes on...

Old 09-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Been there done that and probably will again

Quick Reply: Laid Her Over