Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tour pack options

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:42 PM
mr-moen
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tour pack options

has anyone ever thought of using a givi or hepco becker top case mounted on a detachable tour pack rack, the are typically used on sport or adventure bikes, but they are very high quality and less than 1/3 the cost of a harley tour pack, i have seen some that will hold two fullface helmets and thensome

Old 09-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I think that would be a great idea! I haven't seen one on a Harley, but as you say they are very popular with the sport and adventure bike riders because of their high quality. The rounded shape of the Givi might look a little awkward next to the angular look of the saddlebags on the Harley, but on the other hand, it might be balanced by the rounded shape of the gas tank. I think it would be a great alternative to the expensive HD Tour-Pak, especially if you were only going to mount it when on tour. The E460 MonoKey model looks like it might do well on a HD detachable rack:

http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_...sp?CO_ID=12126

Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 AM
galtjunk
Stellar HDF Member
Received 289 Likes on 155 Posts

Look at the Mutazu tourpaks on ebay or at muatzu.com. $140 shipped. Available in 5 HD colors.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:39 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, I did look at all of them, Mutasu included before buying the HD Tour Pak. My reason was qualilty, looks, parts availability, and one key locking setup. Also I got a great deal 20% off from Katie at Mason City IA HD. Too many reasons not to just go with HD product. I love it, and really don't know how I got along without it for the last 35 years. Expensive, yes, but with options like covers, lights, racks, locks, and everything with immediate availability...well, I decided to stay with the MOCO. If I were only going to use it once or twice a year, I might have gone with the Matazu. Although I found a number of horror stories about their quality, especially if you want to mount a rack. The other models, GIVI, ****, and others, just didn't seem to have the right look once mounted on the HD. Good quality though.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:14 AM
galtjunk
Stellar HDF Member
Received 289 Likes on 155 Posts

I put the Mutazu on mine. It looks good, it came in the proper shade of black and at the low price I can afford to throw it away and buy another if I need to. I could probably buy 5 or 6 more and still be well under the price of the HD one. Mine is off most of the time so I don't really care about all of the extras. I just need some space when we travel because the wife would try to bring along the vacuum cleaner if I let her.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when my s/o goes with me the tour pak doesn't I now take a trailer and the license tag says it all "her junk"