Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcats

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ghost pipe mounting

The ghost pipe is mounted to the stock exhaust bracket that came with the bike. This bracket keeps it close enough to the rear head pipe so that you can't actually tell it's not touching. The muffler end mounts up under the saddle bag just like pretty much everything else. If you didn't know any better you'd swear it's real. By the way anyone thinking of making this change be sure you still have your stock hanger bracket. My dealer called me up and asked if I had it. I thought I did because when I got my box of take offs after I picked up my bike I never looked inside. It turned out they never gave me back that bracket. I was able to go to another dealer and get a take off they had laying around. This bracket only would have affected the ghost pipe side. The bracket in question is kind of a triangle affair with an offset bend in it and 3 holes in it. It's bolted in by the starter. This is the stock hanger in that area.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:45 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darth you got mail, and we use to sell almost Rinehearts and V&H almost 3 to 1 over everything else. We now sell more D&D's than the other two combined. They sound unique, they are quality, and they have great folks making them.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Darthvader
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Shooter. Can't wait to install them. I am taking the VH off tomorrow nite so I can slapon the D&D's

Originally Posted by shooter64
Darth you got mail, and we use to sell almost Rinehearts and V&H almost 3 to 1 over everything else. We now sell more D&D's than the other two combined. They sound unique, they are quality, and they have great folks making them.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain

Thanks UltraKla$$ic for the compliments on the bike. The windshield is from Wind vest. I read on here that everyone was waiting for really long periods of time to receive the Clear view windshield. I found these in JP cycles but it is available at the Wind vest site. I got it in about a week. My friend ordered on Monday and he got a sipping confirmation already. It's a little more than the Clear view but if you add in the "Gotta have now" factor it's about the same.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:59 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

nice choice in wheels. i see you are close by as well. people around here must have good taste...lol

Old 09-10-2008, 11:14 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdoo
Thanks UltraKla$$ic for the compliments on the bike. The windshield is from Wind vest. I read on here that everyone was waiting for really long periods of time to receive the Clear view windshield. I found these in JP cycles but it is available at the Wind vest site. I got it in about a week. My friend ordered on Monday and he got a sipping confirmation already. It's a little more than the Clear view but if you add in the "Gotta have now" factor it's about the same.
Is yours the 4" or 6"? It looks like the 4" but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at Windvest's website and $119 ain't too bad for the little shield with the recurve top.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain

My windshield is a 4". A friend just got a 6" and he loves it as well. He is a little taller. It was available without the wait of the Clear view. I am sure they make a quality wind shield as well but when ya gotta have it ....ya gotta have it.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:50 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

darthvader keep us posted

Old 09-11-2008, 01:07 AM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet looking bike! I too just replaced my true dual Rinehart for the D&D fatcat. I got the black one. Check out my video on youtube... I have never been so impressed with the sound of an exhaust than the fatcat. And no, I don't work for D&D.. That would be cool though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYh_x6Rc_EY

Old 09-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the look of one pipe on a bagger. Having something FAKE on it just for looks would bug the ****e out me. Kinda screams "poser".