Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18" Czar's vs 21" Czar's: Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:11 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

The rivets that hold the fender to the brace that bolts to the forks.

Notice you don't see those in this pic but instead a smooth surface on the side of the fender?

I think you have done an excellent job with your bike with either wheel you decide, but I like the phat look of the 18's.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both look good. Beautiful ride.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Big Jake
Tourer

I'd take your hand me downs! Nice looking scoot

Old 09-07-2008, 07:34 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Both nice, but for looks the 21" have it hands down. Shaving the rivets and lowering the fender really make the look on the 18"s that Darren is running. Both sweet. Us hillbillies just ride on those big fat 16"s. That way when you're in the middle of God only knows where, you can always find a tire. Even if you have to take it off a tractor....

Old 09-07-2008, 07:45 PM
stevelacy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see nativecustombagger.com front fender kits buy the brackets or buy a whole fender.
ilove that bike blacked out, gonna do my road glide in black. absolutely beutiful!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Bobberino
Road Master

First off, GliderXXX, I wanna say the way you setup your SG is very nice and I love that pewter denim, black look goin on, Ive got same ideas as you. I have a 21" f and 18" r setup with hogpro wheels, with a Metzler 120 for the front and have sinced switch from a 140 to a 150 on the rear. I thought switchin the tire size on the rear I figured I wouldve noticed and did not. Im actually havin problems. My air ride, slammed all the way, the fender now sits on the tire. So I switched up my rear from the air ride setup to Progressive Suspension 418's 11.5" shocks. I'm havin problems goin 2-up, rubbin slightly on bumps. Im gonna switch the rear to a 140 tire. Your front either way 18" or 21" looks really nice, but looks wise 21" is the way to go. Now........you ever think of a 23" f? HAHA

Old 09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobberino
First off, GliderXXX, I wanna say the way you setup your SG is very nice and I love that pewter denim, black look goin on, Ive got same ideas as you. I have a 21" f and 18" r setup with hogpro wheels, with a Metzler 120 for the front and have sinced switch from a 140 to a 150 on the rear. I thought switchin the tire size on the rear I figured I wouldve noticed and did not. Im actually havin problems. My air ride, slammed all the way, the fender now sits on the tire. So I switched up my rear from the air ride setup to Progressive Suspension 418's 11.5" shocks. I'm havin problems goin 2-up, rubbin slightly on bumps. Im gonna switch the rear to a 140 tire. Your front either way 18" or 21" looks really nice, but looks wise 21" is the way to go. Now........you ever think of a 23" f? HAHA
Bobberino...YOUR bike was my original inspiration for the pewter look. I never thought I would like the matte paint, and know that some still don't, and I wouldn't have gone that route either without doing a black theme with it. That combination turns out pretty well on this color scheme. I looked at your bike more than a couple of times before trading in my black FLHX...so thanks for the comments. Sorry to hear about the 150 problems. I've been thinking about doing some kind of rear end air treatment but not sure I want to deal with potential issues. I think I'd go along with your thoughts on the b21" on a SG...there is defititely a cool factor there that the 18's don't quite bring, but different looks and somewhat different rides make it fun to play with. I don't think a 23" is in my future however

Old 09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by stevelacy
see nativecustombagger.com front fender kits buy the brackets or buy a whole fender.
ilove that bike blacked out, gonna do my road glide in black. absolutely beutiful!!!
Native Custom has some cool stuff. I have several thoughts about the front fender regardless of the wheel. Thanks for the comments...let's see your RG when you get it blacked out!

Old 09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
The rivets that hold the fender to the brace that bolts to the forks.

Notice you don't see those in this pic but instead a smooth surface on the side of the fender?

I think you have done an excellent job with your bike with either wheel you decide, but I like the phat look of the 18's.
UK...NOW I see what you're talking about. You're right..much better and something to do. By the way, YOUR bike is the one that pushed me give the 18's a whirl with the slammed fender. I've admired your Ultra for a long time.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments BTW. I really did this for anyone who, like me, was really going back and forth over which combo to go with. And if you're like me, you can't ever get enough of looking at bikes and all the OCD attention we give them. Hell I still peruse the Hogpro gallery at least once a week!

Quick Reply: 18" Czar's vs 21" Czar's: Pics