Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Penske Shocks - awesome experience at Motorcycle Metal

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:43 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default some answer

Originally Posted by hogdvr
Hey Howard I have a question for you. opinion on....What is the need or value to the rear stabilizers being sold now and that have become all the rage?....Would you put one on one of your bikes? In general what is your opinion?..Your opinion on this is valuable and I'm sure would help a lot of people...Thanks.
A long answer but it is 11:11pm, Sunday I will give my longer opinion tomorrow.
  1. Harley has has a patent on a stabilizer for over 1 year.
  2. A lawyer called me with this information who is suing the MOCO and I reported this development to HDF several times. There is a copy on my site HERE.
  3. Eric Buell designed this bike with a stabilizer originally.
  4. There is a better way to achieve this end than a stabilizer. Look at the C/F swing arm HERE @ the bottom of the page.
  5. Look @ other models that do not have that problem and think on how they did it. Look again at the C/F race bike. My 2 coppers.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:32 PM
hogdvr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
A long answer but it is 11:11pm, Sunday I will give my longer opinion tomorrow.
  1. Harley has has a patent on a stabilizer for over 1 year.
  2. A lawyer called me with this information who is suing the MOCO and I reported this development to HDF several times. There is a copy on my site HERE.
  3. Eric Buell designed this bike with a stabilizer originally.
  4. There is a better way to achieve this end than a stabilizer. Look at the C/F swing arm HERE @ the bottom of the page.
  5. Look @ other models that do not have that problem and think on how they did it. Look again at the C/F race bike. My 2 coppers.
Howard,

I'm looking forward to the longer version of your answer today.

Man, I don't doubt that you are finding fantastic solutions to making the HD Baggers and other HD models much better handling bikes. Inverted forks, fully adjustable shocks, carbon fiber swing-arm, carbon fiber wheels, full floating ceramic rotors, etc. But, that being said I was wondering if there are any other less drastic = (less expensive) solutions to helping the ride?

It starting to sound like I should have never sold my 900RR in 1994! Cheaper, faster, more reliable, etc. LOL. I just about had all that then! Oh yeah, I was also a lot younger then too. LOL.

I would love to come by and see your bikes that you talk about here on the forum. I'm sure they are one of a kind machines.

Thanks.