Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Panacea install - Requres 2 load balancers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 10:37 PM
sortasuave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn Panacea install - Requres 2 load balancers?

Trying to install both the front and rear turn signals with the Lapydown Panacea light. It looks like from the directions that two load balancers are required if you have both the front and the rear turn signals. Can someone confirm this?

Also, does anyone have a better set of directions or pictures of the install? Wiring is not a spot I'm super strong at, so all the help I can get is appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by sortasuave
Trying to install both the front and rear turn signals with the Lapydown Panacea light. It looks like from the directions that two load balancers are required if you have both the front and the rear turn signals. Can someone confirm this?

Also, does anyone have a better set of directions or pictures of the install? Wiring is not a spot I'm super strong at, so all the help I can get is appreciated!
I recently installed the Kuryakyn LED front and rear turn signals on my 08 SG. The kits come with load equalizers and they both need to be installed. I already had the HD LED tail light installed which has a load equalizer built-in so your setup may be different. I wired the equalizers into the harness under the seat using solder and shrink wrap rather than using the plastic connectors supplied with the kit. Or you can use this adapter kit. Below are before and after pics. I have several pics of the solder and shrink warp method if you're interested.

Attached Thumbnails Kuryakyn Panacea install - Requres 2 load balancers?-before.jpg   Kuryakyn Panacea install - Requres 2 load balancers?-after.jpg  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:06 AM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, make sure you have two (2). One for the front and one for the rear LEDs. If not it will burn the mater control unit out with in a year. I found out the hard way twice, Plus the instruction do say you need one on each end.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:14 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

I install the HD LED tail light and Kurakryn led turn signals and Run/Turn/Break. Nothing stated weather I needed two load equalizers or not but with only one my Alarm light would stay on (I do not have an alarm) and after a few flashes the turn signals would get fast. Installed the second load equilizer in the RTB module and everything has been perfect since. So not sure if is text book but I would say you need them.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:29 AM
sortasuave
Tourer

Thanks guys. My "problem" is the booth only sold me one. So at this point I guess I'll only be setting up the rear. On lucky me, I guess I now get to deal with thier wonderful customer service.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. My "problem" is the booth only sold me one. So at this point I guess I'll only be setting up the rear. On lucky me, I guess I now get to deal with thier wonderful customer service.
When I bought my Panacea a year ago they were only shipping one with the light - even though they know you need two to keep the alarm light from coming on. I believe the second one ran me $29.95 from Kury direct, and it's a lot bigger than the one supplied with the unit.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:56 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I used 2 , onr for front and one for the rear. 2 years old now and never a problem

Old 09-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

You should have gotten two LE's, one with each turn signal kit. If you are are going to order another LE, order the adapter also. This will make the job much easer.