Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another motor mount question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
NoTyme
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bike is a 06 FLH and I believe there was a recall on the motor mounts up until March of 07 build. The dealer did replace mine at the 1,000 mile service.
As for me I was just looking for info on the slight drift (to the left) on these baggers that many admit they have. I stumbled onto info of shifting the motor a bit from side to side to eliminate the drift and other info, but found that there was a new revision motor mount that many reported they felt much less vibration at idle and improvement in ride quality. So I thought I would give it a try. I have seen improvement in the vibs at idle but little to none on the ride quality.
If you feel that you have more vibration, especially noticeable at idle, I would start the motor and get a good look at the front motor mount. Have someone twist the grip a bit and see if the engine seems like it wants to jump around a bit. Some say that can actually see the tear in the rubber on the mount.
Hope this helps…

Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 PM
sampsonaa
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a lot of vibration in my fairing (I have an 06 EGC) and am wondering how I can determine if it may be my front motor mount, a fairing mount or something entirely different.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:26 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sampsonaa
I've got a lot of vibration in my fairing (I have an 06 EGC) and am wondering how I can determine if it may be my front motor mount, a fairing mount or something entirely different.
Did you give it a good look over? Try eyeballing the mount to see if there is a tear visually... Snap the throttle and see if there is excess movement in the rubber. Best to have someone work the throttle for you... Next step is to actually remove to inspect it.