Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn customer service blows

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:20 AM
BillinNY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uweldit
Screw them and get some stainless ones.

Is there a link to a vendor selling stainless screws?

Old 09-03-2008, 11:25 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,356 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Originally Posted by BillinNY
get mine from lowe's or home depot, or if desperate, the local fastenal.....

Old 09-03-2008, 02:40 PM
realbiker
Cruiser

Kuryakyn products have been very second rate in my experience! Not to offend those who like them, but that's my 2 cents!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:36 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had chrome peeling of a mirror a few weeks after I bought them and the throttle side ISO grip glue fail (The side that comes pre-glued). I called them on the grip and they told me to re-glue it, didn't even offer to send me the glue. I do like my pegs however.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:18 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by monkyman
I've had chrome peeling of a mirror a few weeks after I bought them and the throttle side ISO grip glue fail (The side that comes pre-glued). I called them on the grip and they told me to re-glue it, didn't even offer to send me the glue. I do like my pegs however.
lol. that reminds me of the time that i ordered a steak and cheese sammich without onions and green peppers. so of course, it comes with both. i tell the waitress and she says 'pick them off'..... then has the gall to get pissy with me cause i didn't leave a tip!

did you know that you can take something fairly rigid, say like a restaurant check, place it over the top of a glass of liquid (and maybe mixed with onions and green peppers), turn it over, pull the check out, and the liquid will stay inside the glass until it is moved? hmmmm, come to think of it, maybe it wasn't the fact that i didn't leave her a tip that pissed her off. (yeah, okay, i was an *******, but i was drunk, and she really was a bitch.....)

Last edited by skratch; 09-03-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:42 AM
Old Gray Beard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BillinNY
Home Depot, Sears Hardware, Your local hardware store all of them should have em.
Metrics are sometimes a bit harder but not a big problem either (yeah I got a metric bike too lol)
I use stainless almost everywhere except in spots were shear or tension may be a problem then I just go grade 8 (they rarely rust) and if they are exposed use a chrome cap.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:17 AM
artt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skratch
lol. that reminds me of the time that i ordered a steak and cheese sammich without onions and green peppers. so of course, it comes with both. i tell the waitress and she says 'pick them off'..... then has the gall to get pissy with me cause i didn't leave a tip!

did you know that you can take something fairly rigid, say like a restaurant check, place it over the top of a glass of liquid (and maybe mixed with onions and green peppers), turn it over, pull the check out, and the liquid will stay inside the glass until it is moved? hmmmm, come to think of it, maybe it wasn't the fact that i didn't leave her a tip that pissed her off. (yeah, okay, i was an *******, but i was drunk, and she really was a bitch.....)
That only messes with the bus boy. You really ought to leave a tip that reflects the service in the glass with the water, onions, etc. but is too nice for her to ignore. Not trying to stir anything up, just offering suggestions for improvement.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:33 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by artt
That only messes with the bus boy. You really ought to leave a tip that reflects the service in the glass with the water, onions, etc. but is too nice for her to ignore. Not trying to stir anything up, just offering suggestions for improvement.
yeah, i know what you're saying, but they didn't have a bus boy, the waitresses also bussed the tables. and like i said, it was a long time ago, (over 30 years), i've mellowed considerably since.

Last edited by skratch; 09-04-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:29 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Overpriced for the quality you get. I have the Pax adj pegs and also starting rusting and pitting after 4 months. Contacted them got an answer "to bad you want to buy replacements?".

NEVER EVEN BUY A SCREW FROM THEM EVER AGAIN

Old 09-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donr101395
The only thing that sucks worse than their CS is their chrome.
Couldn't agree more.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn customer service blows