Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide vs Electr. glide standard

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:32 AM
don03
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Glide vs Electr. glide standard

Hey I have a street bob, but I wanted to know the difference between the Street glide and the Elec. glide standard. I am insterested in trading up and just wanted to see the difference. Thanks

Old 09-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Follow the link.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p?locale=en_US

On the right hand side under tools, click on "Compare Bikes"
Select the two bikes you'd like to compare.

In the end, the SG is way more bike and way cooler.
There is a reason it is the best selling model in the lineup.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 AM
don03
Advanced

Ok, thanks, didn't know it was the best seller. I have been looking at the SG lately and every time I See it I say..Damn that's a nice bike. I'm gonna sit on one today and see how she feels. Thanks

Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 AM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bout 3 g difference in price. on my standard i fix it the way i want it as i get the cash . standard best buy for the buck s/g has a deep following and is a very good seller.
but i do believe the r/k is the best seller in the dresser lineup

Old 09-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by blueflht
bout 3 g difference in price. on my standard i fix it the way i want it as i get the cash . standard best buy for the buck s/g has a deep following and is a very good seller.
but i do believe the r/k is the best seller in the dresser lineup

I second that. I went back and forth but for my dollar the standard was the better buy.

I 100% understand what you get for the extra dough but I actually would have had to change too much on the SG to what I wanted and that translated to more $ up front.

Really LOOK at the 2 side by side because the trim is much different. Including the engine cases. The SG has more bling. Different/less trim, no driving lamps, no floorboards etc. But what it DOES have is sleaker styling and if you are the type that "less is more" then you will like it better out of the box.

I got the 08 standard WAY below msrp so it was a no brainer for me. I will add a better then stock radio with tweeters in a couple of weeks and that takes care of the major touring experience difference between the 2.

Either way, you can't go wrong at all.

Last edited by Toe Knee; 09-02-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

I think for the extra dough (or the same really) of the Street Glide, you're better off getting a Classic anyways. It's alot easier to take off parts then put them on! Get the detachable tour pak kit, take the chrome off (like the lights, and front fender and saddlebag chrome), and you're basically there. The only real difference is the suspension, and the only real parts you'd have to change are the windshield, saddlebag latches, and the mirrors.

I bought my EG Standard (about 6 months before they released the Street Glide) and wish I had bought the Classic now. Mainly because the cheapest I can get the Tour Pak for now is about $1200 (new at least). My bike basically is a Street Glide at this point (other than the suspension and the motor color.)

Old 09-02-2008, 11:10 AM
testifer
Road Master

the street glide is lowered, and doesnt ride as nice as the other baggers...i think if your more into touring i would go with the standard...but the street glide does have a nice look...but looks can be decieving

Old 09-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Electra Glide:
Grey Motor
Black Face Gauges
Old School Style Fender Trim
Towel Bar style turn signal mounts
No Radio

Street Glide:
Back Motor
Siver Face gauges
No (Old School) Fender Trim
Radio with controls on handle bars
Needs a taller windshield ($100 will cover that)

Old 09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
BillinNY
Tourer

Originally Posted by blueflht

+2 on the Standard. Seems like the first few things a lot of SG riders (not all) do is replace the seat $$$, windshield $$ and add additional lights $.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:01 PM
spag
Intermediate

Out of curiosity, how much is it to add those lowers like in the above two pictures. I guess they are the same ones from the Ultra? I didn't see them listed in the Harley Accessories site.

Quick Reply: Street Glide vs Electr. glide standard