Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which stabilizer kit are you using?
Allow Art
3.33%
Bagger Brace
19.17%
Ride Str8
4.17%
Sta-Bo
2.50%
Tru-Track
17.50%
TWR
36.67%
Other
16.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Which stabilizer are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 03:13 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Which stabilizer are you using?

After several months now of action on this subject, I thought I'd start a poll and see what everyone thinks. Please post your experience with whichever kit you are using. Good, Bad, or indifferent.

I tired my best to list all the units I know of in alphabetical order for fairness.

Edit, Should be Alloy Art . . . sorry.

BTW, if you have an "other", please post the name. I can't edit the poll list at this time. Thanks

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by sifularson; 09-01-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:19 PM
skydoc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bagger-Brace ~ superior engineering and competitive pricing ($289 shipped). Handling/tracking is outstanding.

Last edited by skydoc; 09-02-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:20 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by skydoc
Bagger-Brace ~ superior engineering and competitive pricing ($289). Handling/tracking is amazing. There are a few units missing from the list.
If you give me the names, I might be able to add them to the list. Thanks.
Steve

Old 09-01-2008, 03:24 PM
skydoc
Banned
Old 09-01-2008, 03:26 PM
windix60
Cruiser

I have the Tru Track on my Ultra. I could feel the difference in the first corner I took. The bike rear of the bike was hooked up with no woble in the corner. I am very happy with the Tru track.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Bagger Brace, if you don't already know how I feel about it you haven't been paying attention.

Rick

Old 09-01-2008, 03:37 PM
qwest
Cruiser

TWR

Had a couple of questions while installing. Customer service from Tracy was second to none.

I installed the kit in June followed by a 3500 mile trip going through the Rockies in July / August. Not once was I concerned about any rear steer issues. Handling was solid.

I can still feel rain grooves and tar snakes, though handling is improved. Hard to tell if improvement due to stabilizer or new tires installed just before my trip. Probably a combination of both.

Grated bridge surfaces still induces some puckering.

I wouldn't hesitate to go TWR again.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for the stupid question, Ive heard of these, but honestly never noticed any sway or stability in my SG. What exactly do they fix and whats the source of the problem etc?

Old 09-01-2008, 05:15 PM
mile high king
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Find a relatively fast corner with a bump in the middle and you will find it. I believe it is there on all FLH (prior to 09 - have not heard if new frame cures it). The handlebars row back and forth in your hands until it settles out. The fact that this "problem" supports almost 10 different vendor products suggests something is probably happening. Do you need one of the solutions? Probably not...when ridden like most of us ride our FLH, I don't think it is a problem, but better is better when it comes to handling, and in the few instances where a wobble/waggle could get you into trouble, a stiffer chassis will give you a margin of error that could save your bacon. So I will be trying one of the stabilizer solutions...just have not made a decision yet.

Originally Posted by Mr Zip
Sorry for the stupid question, Ive heard of these, but honestly never noticed any sway or stability in my SG. What exactly do they fix and whats the source of the problem etc?

Old 09-01-2008, 05:32 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

None is not an option on your poll.

Everyone that has had the wobble knows what causes it. It reminds me of the old joke "Hey Doc, it hurts when I do this. Then don't do that."

I just don't see the need to spend that much money. If you have an extra $400 laying around, more power to you. It's easier and cheaper to just slow down. I commute 75 miles a day ( over 19,500 on my 08 now ) and have never experienced the wobble doing the speed limit. Only when I'm hauling *** in sweepers. I either expect it and am ready for it or just slow down. That's my personal option to a stabilizer.

Quick Reply: Which stabilizer are you using?