Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which stabilizer kit are you using?
Allow Art
3.33%
Bagger Brace
19.17%
Ride Str8
4.17%
Sta-Bo
2.50%
Tru-Track
17.50%
TWR
36.67%
Other
16.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Which stabilizer are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:28 AM
jgcable
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
I found approaching a dozen brands of these things when I was researching them. I have True-Track kits on both my Dyna and Evo Glide and both bikes are transformed. For Evo owners I believe True-Track are the only firm making a kit and the choices for Dynas are few, compared with touring models. Original and best!
Did you have to align your bike prior to installation. I have a 1990 Ultra and the how to directions on the website mention replacing cleave blocks and engine mounts or they will fail after 10K once the True-Track is installed. The directions are VERY vague.
I also must assume that the swingarm pivot bushings must be in great shape in order for this to work?
I don't get it. Why install a stabilizer like this without first changing out the swingarm pivot bushings??

Old 07-13-2010, 11:58 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Originally Posted by jgcable
Did you have to align your bike prior to installation. I have a 1990 Ultra and the how to directions on the website mention replacing cleave blocks and engine mounts or they will fail after 10K once the True-Track is installed. The directions are VERY vague.
I also must assume that the swingarm pivot bushings must be in great shape in order for this to work?
I don't get it. Why install a stabilizer like this without first changing out the swingarm pivot bushings??
I fitted a True-Track Tracula kit, which comes with a full set of rubber mounts, new swingarm bushings as well as the stabilizer hardware. I fitted much of it myself, but cheated by having a new S&S motor fitted shortly after! Vehicle alignment etc was done as part of the new installation.

If you replace the cleve blocks with new ones, all you need is a factory manual, which will be useful for any similar work. Frankly I suggest you junk the cleve blocks if you have them, as they are part of the cause of rear steer. Harley dropped them not long after your bike and mine were built (around '92/3 I believe). I would also wait until after the new parts are fitted before checking or adjusting vehicle alignment.

Hope that helps. The S&S dealer who fitted my motor reckoned at the time that mine is the best handling dresser he had ever ridden and the only high power one he would trust to ride in rain and on wet roads.