Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which stabilizer kit are you using?
Allow Art
3.33%
Bagger Brace
19.17%
Ride Str8
4.17%
Sta-Bo
2.50%
Tru-Track
17.50%
TWR
36.67%
Other
16.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Which stabilizer are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Kinda cracks me up to see everyone jumping on the "bagger brace" lately.

Since its basically a clone of the ORIGINAL True-trak, that kinda fell by the wayside in popularity as all the clones of the RideSt8t came along.

From where I sit, every one of these products is just a rip-off of either the true track or the ridestr8t. But every time a new one comes along, its all the rage. Until ANOTHER new (rip-off of the originals) comes along.

But they do help. My True-trak made my 07 MUCH better.

Last edited by flyingace; 09-02-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts

For the first time today ww1flyingace I'm going to disagree with you (And boy did you give it to me earlier, thx my friend) I just recieved my Bagger Brace today and the engineering and fabrication is second to none. I havn't installed it yet, so I'm not going to give my oppinion of it's funchionality, but as far as construction, it's hand's down the best I've seen...........Rich

Attached Thumbnails Which stabilizer are you using?-flhx-9.jpg  
Old 09-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

TWR, and very happy with it.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:12 AM
stutz76
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
Kinda cracks me up to see everyone jumping on the "bagger brace" lately.

Since its basically a clone of the ORIGINAL True-trak, that kinda fell by the wayside in popularity as all the clones of the RideSt8t came along.

From where I sit, every one of these products is just a rip-off of either the true track or the ridestr8t. But every time a new one comes along, its all the rage. Until ANOTHER new (rip-off of the originals) comes along.

But they do help. My True-trak made my 07 MUCH better.
I would rather have a clone that is well built and cost $289 to my door than a ORIGINAL
that cost $398 according to their website.That I think is a real rip off.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:49 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

None. I have yet to feel the need for one.

If I ever do feel the need, I will likely get the RideStr8 version.

Last edited by XTrooper3936; 09-03-2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:57 AM
hogdvr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stutz76
i would rather have a clone that is well built and cost $289 to my door than a original
that cost $398 according to their website.that i think is a real rip off.
ditto.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:46 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
For the first time today ww1flyingace I'm going to disagree with you (And boy did you give it to me earlier, thx my friend) I just recieved my Bagger Brace today and the engineering and fabrication is second to none. I havn't installed it yet, so I'm not going to give my oppinion of it's funchionality, but as far as construction, it's hand's down the best I've seen...........Rich

Oh, Im sure its very well built. No argument there. What I meant was, the True-trak was the original, and when the Ride-str8t came along, everybody started touting how much better of a design it was. Bracing off the swingarm pivot mount instead of the dog bone under the frame crossmember, because the stabilizer link sits several inches further back. Then the true-trak kinda fell by the wayside, as the explosion of Ride-str8t clones appeared.

Personally, I DO think the ride-st8t design COULD be more ridged, I just never liked the fact that I was replacing a fairly major structural frame member with an aftermarket part. (ride-st8t clones) so I went with the true-track as it only ADDS to the bike, and does not replace anything. (as does the Bagger-Brace)

I think they ALL probably help a lot. There was one (Alloy-art?) that looked to me like it was over-designed for the sake of over-designing, but thats just my opinion.

No, it just kinda cracks me up that people always seem to jump on the NEWEST stuff, even though its pretty much the same thing that was out there years ago, that was dismissed as being inferior in the face of the newer designs. Nothing wrong with the Bagger Brace, nothing at all. I just gotta wonder how many ways can people come up with to re-invent the original?

BTW, "gave it to you earlier?" Did I do something to offend you?

Last edited by flyingace; 09-03-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I rode to Salt Lake Yesterday and dammit, I noticed it. went over a break on an overpass turn You can feel the front and back tires not tracking and that wobble. 35k miles on this bike, thought I was done with mods and now you guys show me this!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:54 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by stutz76
I would rather have a clone that is well built and cost $289 to my door than a ORIGINAL
that cost $398 according to their website.That I think is a real rip off.
You only think its a rip off because there is something cheaper available. Two years ago you probably would not have given a second thought to the price.

If someone walked up to your boss and offered to do your job for 2 dollars less an hour, does that mean you are "ripping off" your boss?

Competition in the marketplace is all fine and great, unless YOUR product is the one being copied and undercut on price, after YOU made the initial investment in time and money to design the product which then gets copied by everyone else. Funny how many times I hear guys bitching about all our jobs being outsourced because someone else is willing to do it cheaper, but those same people will flock to the cheapest route when its THEIR money being spent.

Last edited by flyingace; 09-03-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr Zip
I rode to Salt Lake Yesterday and dammit, I noticed it. went over a break on an overpass turn You can feel the front and back tires not tracking and that wobble. 35k miles on this bike, thought I was done with mods and now you guys show me this!
Don't ya just hate that.

Quick Reply: Which stabilizer are you using?