Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which stabilizer kit are you using?
Allow Art
3.33%
Bagger Brace
19.17%
Ride Str8
4.17%
Sta-Bo
2.50%
Tru-Track
17.50%
TWR
36.67%
Other
16.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Which stabilizer are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:09 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluerose
Have a TWR and now have about 1000 miles with it.

The bike feels much more stable under 80 mph and in places where I used to notice the wobble or wallow I no longer do.

At 80 mph I can still get a wobble or wallow but it is much shallower so seems faster.

Just hit 10k on my bike will be interesting how it acts when it gets new tires soon.
That is also a big question in my mind......what about a new set of tires. I have all intentions of installing a rear stabilizer on my FLHX....I am sort of leaning to the Ride Str8 for various reasons......but i also think a set of Metzler ME880's would work wonders. I just hate to waist a set of Dunlop's....but.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:21 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I just turned 11K and will be having a new rear tire installed tomorrow. Going with the same tire as stock until the front wears out.

I'm also curious to see how much difference a new time will make.

Should know tomorrow.
Steve

Old 09-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does that cure the low speed tour pak wobble? Thats the only thing Ive ever noticed.... that first 10mph and a loaded tour pak...

Old 09-02-2008, 12:47 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Zip
Does that cure the low speed tour pak wobble? Thats the only thing Ive ever noticed.... that first 10mph and a loaded tour pak...
My bike feels more stable at all speeds but where I really notice the difference is at speed in bumpy corners.

I describe the "wobble" as a loose feeling in the rear of the bike. Like the front and rear are moving separately.

Hope this helps. Thanks for posting and asking the question.
Steve

Old 09-02-2008, 04:36 AM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got over 20K with the Ridestr8. Was a couple hour install, most of that time spent on moving the exhaust out of the way and putting it back.

I have read enough posts, and talked to enough buds, that I am convinced the majority of people simply do not know that they are experiencing a mushy wallowy ride at ALL speeds.

After installing the ridestr8 the ride is much different at ALL speeds...yes, the wallow is gone in the long sweepers (I have many buds I ride with that go thru the same sweepers and do not know that their ride is not handling well...they are just used to it after years-decades of riding that way)...but it is also a much different ride at ALL speeds and situations.

Find a bike with a stabilizer on it and give it a quick ride...you will feel the difference in a couple of minutes, rather than reading all these dadgum posts about some saying this and others saying that.

I would not be without one, I am happy with the ridestr8, prolly would be happy with the others of the similar design. I would not like a tru track, don't want to lose the little clearance I have. lol

Last edited by Mississippi Bagger; 09-02-2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mississippi Bagger
Got over 20K with the Ridestr8. Was a couple hour install, most of that time spent on moving the exhaust out of the way and putting it back.

I have read enough posts, and talked to enough buds, that I am convinced the majority of people simply do not know that they are experiencing a mushy wallowy ride at ALL speeds.

After installing the ridestr8 the ride is much different at ALL speeds...yes, the wallow is gone in the long sweepers (I have many buds I ride with that go thru the same sweepers and do not know that their ride is not handling well...they are just used to it after years-decades of riding that way)...but it is also a much different ride at ALL speeds and situations.

Find a bike with a stabilizer on it and give it a quick ride...you will feel the difference in a couple of minutes, rather than reading all these dadgum posts about some saying this and others saying that.

I would not be without one, I am happy with the ridestr8, prolly would be happy with the others of the similar design. I would not like a tru track, don't want to loose the little clearance I have. lol
I couldn't have said it better. Get one (stabilizer) you'll not regret it.

Rick

Last edited by Egldr05; 09-02-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:32 PM
07 FLHTC
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the TWR and the Sta-Bo bushings on the bike. Handles great.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 PM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I marked other,

I am using a Pro-Glide, works great, and no extra parts hanging off the bottom of the bike.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:58 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rev-Tech stablizer. ad is in AIM Magazine

Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
stutz76
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bagger brace

I received the bagger brace stabilizer today and installed it right away.Took about an hour
but the install was a breeze.Test ride it and tried to run over bumps and bike seems to track better.Will ride it more this weekend.

Quick Reply: Which stabilizer are you using?