Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RoadGlide Seat on 09 StreetGlide??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 03:04 PM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RoadGlide Seat on 09 StreetGlide??

Okay, so I logged a lot of local miles this weekend on my 09 Street Glide. I must say every time I ride this thing I like it more and more. The only issue I find is the Street Glide is the seat is a bit hard. I thought it might soften up a bit but now after 500 Miles it doesn't feel much different. A friend of mine just purchased a RoadGlide Seat for his Police bike this weekend and it seemed like a MUCH better seat than the StreetGlide stock seat. I know my wife wasn't all that happen on the back of my bike this weekend either. The RoadGlide seat looked a bit better for her too. Any thoughts on if it's worth the bucks to make the change to a stock RoadGlide Seat on my StreetGlide? I have the stock backrest pad that matches the StreetGlide seat. looks like the RoadGlide seat might match too?.

Thanks!

T

Old 09-01-2008, 03:39 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its all about being comfortable. if that is what it takes to make the scoot more enjoyable4 for you and yours then get the rg seat!

Old 09-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

T, you might be pleased with the Road Glide seat - it seems a little more substantial for the driver and quite a bit larger for the passenger. I have an '08 Road Glide and find the seat very comfortable, but it puts me a little further back from the bars than what I want, so I installed a seat from an Ultra and am pleased. The Road Glide seat will retain the sporty look of the Street Glide and might be just what you are looking for.

No need to purchase one new from the dealer, though - they are readily available from eBay and generally go for about $150 or so plus shipping. In fact, if you are interested, I would be glad to let you have my brand new one for that price. PM me if you are interested...

Old 09-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My stock seatglide seats been hanging on the wall for a year. Its flat and hard, like sitting on a cinder block. I put a EG seat on it, and it makes a huge difference. Good luck with yours

Old 09-01-2008, 06:52 PM
PWFD
Road Master

I wonder if a stock RoadGlide seat will fit on a 09 from any year or if it has to be from a 09 RoadGlide?

Old 09-01-2008, 06:59 PM
geeded
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They went to a 6 gallon tank in 08 and that changed the seats. Whether it has changed again this year, I don't know. But i believe any from before 08 will not swap due to the different sized fuel tank.

Cheers, Geeded

Old 09-01-2008, 07:37 PM
PWFD
Road Master

Originally Posted by geeded
They went to a 6 gallon tank in 08 and that changed the seats. Whether it has changed again this year, I don't know. But i believe any from before 08 will not swap due to the different sized fuel tank.

Cheers, Geeded
wasn't sure on the 09's due to the larger rear fender?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:49 PM
zyepod
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a seat just like the one Pastor John is showing that came with my 2008 EG classic. (They did a few things to a couple of bikes in there shop... Just because) Anyway to me the RG ride is comfortable but sits me back a little to much and my wife complains that she's to low. My EG seat sits higher and has a higher (I'll call it a butt stop) which I like better when accelerating. But is harder and a bit to wide for my height. My wife says the EG seat ride is much better to her. So I'm going to send my seat here (http://www.meancitycycles.com/index.php ) to have some memory foam and other modes done. Check em out it may be an answer...

Old 09-01-2008, 09:06 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...2008_ABS_Seat/

here's some pics of a Street glide seat vs a Ultra seat.

SG was too hard,
Ultra was too tall

i went with a 2008 Sundowner, excellent

Old 09-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an 08 Road Glide seat that I use on my 08 Street Glide. I like the fact that it is more narrow at the nose than the SG seat. Allows for better footing. The thing I don't like is there is a hard spot where the seat goes up into the passenger area. Right around where the backrest would go in. I like to scooch back and that hard spot hits me right in the tail bone. When sitting forward the seat is fine.

Here is a seat view comparison of both seats.

Street Glide seat

Road Glide seat