Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 vs 09

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Yea, this thread has gotton ugly two weeks back. I really do appreciate the input that the experienced Harley vets put in. It has already been very helpful on some of the topics. But it still wouldn't sway my decision on buying a 09 over an 08 or vice versa. I have to ride the bikes and evaluate the pluses and negatives of each, and then make my OWN decision. The silly threads these morons post are just down right ****!ng stupid. Can't you morons make your own damn minds up. Do you ride the bikes to see what YOU think? Well than, buy the bike that makes YOU happy. Do you need someone to hold your hands all the time, and tell YOU what to do? Hell, if these guys told you what to buy, you still blame them for something you didn't like about it. Grow up titty suckers.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:59 PM
awmllc2000
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In the same boat as many. Own a 08 that I love and have the title in hand. Damn, what more could I ask for?....THE 09..................I spoke with the dealer that I grew up with. I explained my delimma, and he offered a deal I couldnt refuse. He loaned me his new 09 SG for my trip to Nashville from Indiana roundtrip.

The lowdown...........................
I really liked the looks of the rear end, tire and fender. I hated the exhaust, looks almost ricey to me. I didnt notice the frame changes, as I didnt buy my HD for speed and agility. If I want to go fast I have a Busa that fills that void. When all was said and done I could have handed over 3K and rode off into the sunset on my new 09. I decided to hold onto my dinosaur 08 that gets the job done nicely. Ill wait until 2010 and try again. The one thing that does bother me about my 08 now is the rear end. I think ill be visiting Bad Dads customs for some "rear end reworking." All in all, the 09 is a nice bike with some cool upgrades but what are you going to do next year when the 2010's hit the floor with "the next big upgrades?"

Old 09-06-2008, 08:53 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by awmllc2000
All in all, the 09 is a nice bike with some cool upgrades but what are you going to do next year when the 2010's hit the floor with "the next big upgrades?"
Trade up.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:50 PM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, That felt like watching the Jerry Springer Show (or a train wreck)!

Old 09-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Campingout
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
Sorry for the venting folks. But Im not going to sit and be told how MY bike rides or does not ride, by some wet fart keyboard commando that probably hasn't even SAT on an 09.

Back to the discussion at hand. Im DONE with the little puke.
No need to apologize. The OP asked questions that could only be answered with opinions. You stated at the beginning of your post "These are MY opinions,...". The other individual called you a bull****ter for it, he was out of line, you set him straight, and he had it coming.

These OPINIONS are very interesting to me. I am considering buying an 09 bagger now, and also considering whether to sell the Softail or keep it. So reading this thread has given me a lot of good OPINIONS to consider about the 09s.

Thanks all for taking the time to post your OPINIONS.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:52 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

If they would just water cool the thing.

(kidding)
Careful now...your gonna get my pantys in a wad.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:04 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry guys....... caught up in his BS.

Last edited by IRready; 09-07-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:24 PM
awmllc2000
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

getting deep around here!

Old 09-06-2008, 11:32 PM
IRready
Road Master

Originally Posted by awmllc2000
getting deep around here!
Like most, I am just sick of this puke. I wish they would ban his azz. I can't stand these kind of cybernet wannabe's. Hopefully he will crawl in a corner and die.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:29 AM
PITA
Cruiser
Talking

Lemme guess, you hold a PHD in motorcycle front end geometry, and those MORONS at the MOCO got it all wrong? Cause YOU said so right? I suppose that all new re-designed TIRES could not also contribute to the handling? So we can put an end to all the tire vs tire, Metz vs Dunlop vs Avon vs whatever threads, since they are ALL the same, and NOTHING will handle any better than stock OEM Dunlop right? Different tires (not just width, but profile and compound) make no handling difference right? That how it works professor? Boy, shut down all the tire plants but one. No need. They all ride the same, and different tires offer no advantage in handling characteristics. There's just NO WAY that could have anything to do with better handing. I must be making it all up.
Now this is just getting too funny, you’re a real piece of work. You believe marketing jargon instead of simple logic. Marketing types must love you, the terms new and improved were invented for you….”yes, I buy it, gimme more MORE!!!”

Listen up sparky, the HD website also says that the ’09 RKC has a 17’ front…it doesn’t. The line you’re quoting from the HD website also suggests that the ’09 has more torque than the ’08…it doesn’t. I can go on. Try thinking for yourself, if you did you’d know that 40+ extra pounds, increased trail and fatter lower profile rubber won’t improve low speed handling, ****, I knew how rake & trail worked when I was 18. Improved rubber compound that you’ll feel around a parking lot??? C’mon dude, you're embarrasng yourself. You’re ignoring physics and feeding me marketing BS in still insisting that the ’09 has better low speed handling….geez!!! I still call BS on your low speed handling claim and you or anyone else have yet to provide anything to support it.

Anyways, your whole argument is that I haven’t ridden a ’09 for 1000+ miles so I should shut up….huh? Have YOU done that with an ’08? Isn’t the title of this thread ’08 vs.’09? Don’t get it. And yes I’ve ridden an ’09 – not for a thousand miles but more than 20. My verdict? It’s a Harley bagger man. Yes, it’s a firmer handler than the ’08 and I actually don’t mind its stiffer settings, but it’s still a pig - an even fatter one too and yes it felt less agile around the parking lot. But I don’t care that it’s a pig, I know what I have in a Harley bagger, but the OP wants something somewhat close to his 1200LT handling wise, well it won’t be the ’09 bagger, not even remotely close. Going from a telelever front end to the FL forks is actually like going from a 286 to a Pentium…

As far as I see it, despite al the money you’ve spent, you're still screwing the same fat chick bud, doesn’t really matter that she’s toned her calves. Maybe if you ever owned something with a degree of handling sophistication then you wouldn’t wax so poetically 'bout your ’09. I own three bikes and they still don’t satisfy everything that is motorcycling to me. Actually my ’08 RKC doesn’t feel hugely different than the one I rented in the keys 5 years ago, I’d say the most notable improvements to me were the brembos and the extra fuel range. Otherwise they are the same comfy but cumbrous 800 pound bikes that I love because they’ll finish off an interstate nicely yet feel agile enough in downtown traffic. Otherwise, I’ll spend any “upgrade” money elsewhere thanks.

Anyways, this was fun but I’m done with ya. It’s actually embarrassing that I’ve spent time arguing with you and your retarded cousin who have taken this so seriously and aren’t capable of debating without all the “f*cking, ***,dick, puke, banning, **** off”…but then again that’s too easy to do from the security of your keyboard isn’t it?

Quick Reply: 08 vs 09