Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Siren not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Glyde
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart Siren not working

Picked up a smart siren II today. Pulled the maxi-fuse, clipped in in place and plugged it into the wiring harness. No sound when the alarm is tripped... lights flash as usual. Is there something else I need to do to enable the siren?

Old 08-30-2008, 04:14 PM
IBHarley
Road Master

I just plugged mine in and it worked

Old 08-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

The siren has an internal battery and it may be discharged. I will self charge when you ride. Take the bike on a 30 minute "dance" and see if that cures it. Mine was plug and play on the 2007 Ultra...Not sure if the later models would require a dealer tweak of some kind...To test the siren, put your key fob about 10-15 feet away, pick it up off the jiffy stand and see if she screams! You should hear a brief noise out of it with about a 5 second pause followed by another brief noise, then another 5 second pause followed by an all hell breaking loose full blown siren!!! For the record if you get it working correctly....Should you need to pull the maxi fuse or battery cable for some reason, BEFORE you pull the fuse or cable, first turn the ignition switch to run, then pull the fuse or cable. This will keep the siren from sounding until the internal batery discharges. Don't ask how I know this ...

Last edited by Olde Skool; 08-30-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Glyde
Road Master

I tested the battery with a meter and it showed good. I've pulled it out, probably a bad unit. Will return to HD for a swap.

Another question... if its going off how do I get it to stop? Is coming close with the fob enough to turn it off? I don't have the pager unit.

Thanks.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:04 PM
thehueg
Cruiser
Default Siren Off

Once you get within 8' of the bike, the siren will shut off.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Skivvy9r
Tourer

It should chirp when the lights flash. But it normally does require time to charge after it's initially installed. Don't pull it out yet; give it a chance to charge. Also, check with the dealer on return policy. Many will not take back electronic parts.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Ultra 08
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was a problem when I first put it in also. Here's what finally worked... Take the fob out of range. Then disarm the security system with the signal switches, pull the maxi-fuse and install the siren. Replace the fuse and the system will arm again. This arming might take longer than usual as it finds the siren. When it does find it and arms, you should get 2 chirps along with the lights blinking. Then go get the fob. Hope this helps.

Friend of mine had a problem with his siren wanting to alarm all the time. After many attempts, he took it to the dealer to troubleshoot. They found a problem in his wiring for the TSM.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Glyde
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ultra 08
Mine was a problem when I first put it in also. Here's what finally worked... Take the fob out of range. Then disarm the security system with the signal switches, pull the maxi-fuse and install the siren. Replace the fuse and the system will arm again. This arming might take longer than usual as it finds the siren. When it does find it and arms, you should get 2 chirps along with the lights blinking. Then go get the fob. Hope this helps.

Friend of mine had a problem with his siren wanting to alarm all the time. After many attempts, he took it to the dealer to troubleshoot. They found a problem in his wiring for the TSM.
That worked. Thanks much for the tip!