Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pack and Air Cleaner or just Pipes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
1Reaper
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Pack and Air Cleaner or just Pipes.

I put slipons on my 08 street glide, becuase I like the sound. I wouldnt mind a little extra performance, is a fuel pack and air cleaner going to make that much of a difference?

Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Reaper
I put slipons on my 08 street glide, becuase I like the sound. I wouldnt mind a little extra performance, is a fuel pack and air cleaner going to make that much of a difference?
Yes..........do a search.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do the Complete Stage 1 (slip-ons - Air cleaner - (Fuel Management System - AKA FuelPak) - One without the other isn't going to help on performance gains

Old 08-27-2008, 12:27 AM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

As for Tuners or such. If you’re going to go this route. Research the heck out of it before you buy. It is a $$ investment that most likely will be with you for a while.

Also don't over look Terry Components. I installed mine as soon as I got my bike & have had ZERO issues. What is nice about it is it adjusts on the fly.

Also just remember. If you open up the exhaust, you need to open up the intake (air cleaner) then you need to tell the CPU you did that.

Good luck & tell us how it goes

Old 08-27-2008, 05:58 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I had the SEAC put on at 1000 miles, I have been very happy with that and the ECM download. Noticeable improvement in HP.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1Reaper
I believe my @$$ dyno noticed a small performance gain, seemed to wake her up a bit...Did the slip-ons, air filter and Fuel Pak at the same time. Best prices I could find last year was Eastern Performance. Simple install and great tech support from Vance & Hines. Only issue with the Fuel Pak was when doing a good wash job (seat, bags, side covers off) the electrical connections had some water intrusion (lightly misted the area when rinsing) and caused it to misfire somewhat. Dried the connections and applied dielectric grease liberally in the connections cured this for me.

BTW...Looks like we would have got wet in PA-OH this morning if'n I would have made that trip for you and the wifey! Oh well, guess we will never know if I float or melt!

Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The stage-1 is about the cheapest performance upgrade you can do. Go for it, not only will you get some extra power, but your bike should run cooler.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:57 AM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Stage 1 package that Harley sells is well priced, and was designed specifically for your bike. The package includes the SE slip-ons and the SE a/c. If you are not planning any further engine modifications, the $149 Harley download works perfect, and the Harley website shows you exactly what your perfomance gains will be.

I bought the muffs and a/c on line @ Zanottis and installed (very simple job) them myself. The dealer charged me 1/2 hour labor to install the download while I waited, and the whole package came in at around $650. This is the 3rd bike I have done this to, and have been very satisfied.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:09 AM
hitone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put on slipons, a K&N air filter and the XiED's from Nightrider. The stock ECU adjusted and my 2007 Street Glide runs strong smooth and loud! I check the plugs on a regular basis and the colour is right where it should be.
Black boxes and dynomometers are big$ and although most won't believe me, they aren't necessary.