Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why not Vance & Hines exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got Monster Ovals on my Ultra, and I love them. Fit and finish is first-rate, they have a nice deep big-block sound at idle and lower RPM's, but they aren't too loud on the highway.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:28 PM
BDHE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloud09King
In the Dyna world, there are no pipes better than Vance & Hines! Now that I got a Bagger, everyone's telling me to go with either Rhineharts & Rush? Why? What's wrong with V&H's on a bagger? Don't sound as good? I gotta get rid of these stock exhaust that you can't even hear after 4th gear...what do you guys recommend & why? Pics?
Cloud09King;

I found as many different types of slip-ons (installed on touring bikes) as I could, and listened to them running. After doing that, I settled on the V&H Monster Ovals. I'd suggest you also listen to as many as you can before making a decision -- you're the only one that that knows for sure what YOUR motorcycle should sound like!

Bryon

Old 04-20-2009, 12:55 PM
2WheelThrill
Tourer

Originally Posted by ironhead3fan
I have the V&H basics and I love them.
+1

Old 04-20-2009, 01:37 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

My buddy just picked up his 2009 EGC on last Friday, came by the house Saturday morning and he installed V&H basic slip-ons, stock head-pipes. I thought it sounded great. Really nice rumble at idle, and throaty as he pulled away from the house. I have Bassani Megaphones on stock 2008 Street Glide and I think his was louder than mine...lol

Old 04-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey guys - this was posted last August (that's 2008, 9 months ago). Consider it asked and answered please and let it go.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:15 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

V & H are great pipes but can be a bit expensive as are the rineharts. Seems like everybody has their own opinion on pipes and that's a good thing. I would hate to see everybody running around with my rineharts but those are the ones I prefer (but I also like a bunch of others). MY buddy just put a set of the V & H Monster Ovals on his flhx and they are a bit big for me but sound nice and look quality, just not for me. You likey, you buy. That's what it's all about.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM
bartb1200
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have V&h monster ovals and love em

Old 04-20-2009, 03:23 PM
hobbes2
Cruiser

I have the v+h dresser dual and python slipons ( made by v+h ) and cheaper . Love them.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 PM
bigaluk
Cruiser

while the question was asked last october i would like to add that the V&H pipes true duells i have fitted sound good, and the fit and finish are first rate i've been waiting since last november for a replacement heatshield which got scratched by my dealer. good product, very bad after sales.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

Vance & Hines are not what they were ten years ago.....they're no longer the leader....not in performance, not in fit & finish and have never been in customer service.

Sound hasn't been my primary focus since I was a youngster and just didn't know any better. Performance is what I've been after. So on my 103" I put the V&H Pro Pipe. A month (actually I think it was five weeks) after the warranty expired the megaphone part of the exhaust broke where the end cap bolts in and I lost the end cap.

I contacted V&H and they wouldn't honor it.....even thow the bike only had 4k miles on it since it was installed (installed by the dealership!). I posted my disapointment in their customer service and a guy sent me the cone part of the exhaust that he had in his garage, along with a new end cap. I couldn't believe it....17 months later the same thing.

Now I'm running a 103" that is pumping 104HP and 116 ft lb of torque.....is that just to much for a V&H product? I don't know.

But I do know that the quality of the product sucks and so does their customer service!

Looking at the Bub 7 now, but haven't decided just yet.

Quick Reply: Why not Vance & Hines exhaust?