Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why not Vance & Hines exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Richpend
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the V&H!!! You won't be sorry!! I have the slip-ons, ovals and got lots of complements on the sound and looks...

Old 01-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Morrisk64
Advanced

Monster Ovals and love them, perfect sound in my opinion.

Attached Thumbnails Why not Vance & Hines exhaust?-my-bike5.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 11:39 AM
alexcue
Road Master

Just bought the V&H Big Shot Duals for my 07 Ultra.

I like the looks of the Rinehearts but having ridden behind them they just give me a headache after a while. The have a certain sound that just grates on me on the long hauls. Hope i made the right decision...

Old 02-20-2009, 01:25 PM
gary_montague
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peppa1, Did you re-map with a stage 1 or go with a tuner

Old 02-20-2009, 01:40 PM
wbeem
Tourer

Since the thread came up again...

My Fat Bob just got delivered today. I originally ordered V&H Pro Pipe in black, but a series of confusing signals made me wonder if they were ever coming. The dealer parts guy and I called up V&H, who told us these pipes weren't released to manufacturing yet and wouldn't be out until April.

Not wanting my bike to sit there (also did a 103" Stage IV upgrade) until April, I switched to Rinehart 2-1 black. They look nearly identical to the V&H Pro Pipe. I don't honestly know how they compare in performance or sound, but this thing kicks back a mean blast of air and it's got a deep, loud, crisp sound to it.

On my '03 Road King Classic, I just have SE slip-ons. Not too loud at idle, but they get a fair sound when I hit the throttle. I can sort of sneak into my neighborhood late at night with those pipes. There won't be any sneaking with the Rineharts.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Currently I have the standard headers and Samson Ovals. I really like the sound! But the bike is in the shop and I'm getting the headers changed to V & H dresser headers. I plan to put the Samson's back on. Will it sound much different? Do you see any problems with this?

Old 02-20-2009, 04:59 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Go to a dealer....

Vance and Hines are fine but I prefer the Rinehart True duals. The look and sound is just perfect to the eyes and ears. I would check out both and see which ones you like. There are a WHOLE LOT of pipes and combos out there. Just go to a couple of dealers and ask to hear a couple of bikes out in the Service Dept. Some in for service or new bikes that have new pipes are usually available for the look and listen. This might help make your decision. When I went to the dealer I had him start another bagger with the RTD's and that sold me.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

V&H Black Widow true duals on mine

Old 04-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Harli2
3rd Gear

I pulled my baffles out of my V&H slip on ovals and noticed a hole drilled in the one on the right side. Thinking about doing it to the left side also. Maybe 1/2 inch or larger to open them up a little. Any concerns in doing this?

Thanks,
harli2

Old 04-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Harli2
I pulled my baffles out of my V&H slip on ovals and noticed a hole drilled in the one on the right side. Thinking about doing it to the left side also. Maybe 1/2 inch or larger to open them up a little. Any concerns in doing this?

Thanks,
harli2
I will take a guess that the hole is from the dyno shop so they could put an air/fuel probe up past the baffle end to get a better reading

Quick Reply: Why not Vance & Hines exhaust?