Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why not Vance & Hines exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:52 AM
flatlander19
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoz88
I have the V&H Big Shot Longs on my Road King and love them. They sound great and look good too.
X2...I cut my baffles down though.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:55 AM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cloud09King
In the Dyna world, there are no pipes better than Vance & Hines! Now that I got a Bagger, everyone's telling me to go with either Rhineharts & Rush? Why? What's wrong with V&H's on a bagger? Don't sound as good? I gotta get rid of these stock exhaust that you can't even hear after 4th gear...what do you guys recommend & why? Pics?
V&H pro-pipe BP on both the dyna and the ultra. wouldn't want anything else.

Do some research, the V&H 2 into 1 header is top dawg on any twinkie in my book

but thats just my nickels worth

YMMV

99%r

Old 08-26-2008, 01:06 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

I had V&H on my XL, Dyna, and now my SG. No better pipes IMHO. Got the TD&Ovals love the sound.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:17 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the big shot duals also and really like them. Like others have said, nothing better as far as fit and finish go. One piece heat shields look outstanding. Only downside for me is they are just getting a little loud lately. I'm thinking about going to the Rinehart 2-1. Several baggers around have the slip-ons or the duals, but haven't seen any on a bagger yet.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:54 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you look at the headers on rinehart, hooker or v&h you will see they are the same. as for mufflers its a personal choice. baffled adj. or wide open the choice is yours. i use wild pig pipes because of sound price and made in the good ole usa!

Old 08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,374 Likes on 2,545 Posts

Originally Posted by matrix5
I have the big shot duals also and really like them. Like others have said, nothing better as far as fit and finish go. One piece heat shields look outstanding. Only downside for me is they are just getting a little loud lately. I'm thinking about going to the Rinehart 2-1. Several baggers around have the slip-ons or the duals, but haven't seen any on a bagger yet.
have had the big shot duals for a couple of years. the only thing i would change on them is getting them in black. that wasn't an option when i got mine. i did put the quiet baffles in them right away. they don't quiet them all that much, but they do give them a deeper tone, and eliminate a lot of that 'jake brake' sound when slowing/downshifting that they had with the stock baffles.

Originally Posted by blueflht
if you look at the headers on rinehart, hooker or v&h you will see they are the same. as for mufflers its a personal choice. baffled adj. or wide open the choice is yours. i use wild pig pipes because of sound price and made in the good ole usa!
no, they aren't. my wife has the rinehart headers, and they stick out about an inch further on the left side vs. my vance and hines. not really a big issue for most people, but because of my short legs, i burn the inside of my thighs on her bike (when stopped, or backing)

Old 08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blueflht
Not quite.. if you look close the VH Dresser duals head pipes fit much better and conform more to the bike and look alot cleaner than the BUB head pipes. Check it out at the next bike night you will see the difference. I run VH Dresser dual head pipes and Bub 7 mufflers and really like that combo

Old 08-26-2008, 04:38 PM
monza66mo
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cloud09King
In the Dyna world, there are no pipes better than Vance & Hines! Now that I got a Bagger, everyone's telling me to go with either Rhineharts & Rush? Why? What's wrong with V&H's on a bagger? Don't sound as good? I gotta get rid of these stock exhaust that you can't even hear after 4th gear...what do you guys recommend & why? Pics?
I have the V&H oval slip-ons. I love them and get a lot of compliments on them. Not too harsh but not too quiet either.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the Dresser Duals and Ovals on my '05 Electra Glide and I liked them. It was a quality exhaust and sounded very nice.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:59 PM
SparkyUltra
Intermediate

Cloud09King, you can hear mine here on the link. I have the V&H Dresser Big Shot duals with fishtails. No blueing, clean look and sounds good. I like Bubs also, but for some reason they were hard to get when I ordered my Ultra. Never cared for the black tips on them. Went with the Big Shots and I like them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epNBz5HzpHI

Quick Reply: Why not Vance & Hines exhaust?