Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone with a Russell day long or Bill Mayer saddle?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008 | 08:04 AM
leeinmemphis
|
Road Warrior
Default anyone with a Russell day long or Bill Mayer saddle?

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at either a Russell day long saddle or Bill Mayer saddle for my '08 Roadglide. I think I'ld rather have the russell due to the wings on the sides of his saddle but I've heard some stories about really longer than told turn around time. The Bill Mayer is also a quality seat but it doesn't have the wings. From the sound of it the Bill Mayer ships a little more dependable. I'm sure I would be happy with either but didn't know of anyone had any experience with either of these two companies.

Old 08-24-2008 | 10:23 AM
cripula
Tourer

I recently lucked out and found a RDL for sale on a different forum for a great deal. It met my specs almost perfectly, and seeing as I was about to order one anyway, I took a chance and bought the used one.

I just got home from it's maiden voyage, a trip of about 2000 kms. It's a great seat! First time I've ever been able to ride more than 100 miles without my *** killing me. I can ride all day on the RDL with no discomfort. I'm seriously impressed.

Old 08-24-2008 | 10:38 AM
Pine Tree
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
I'm looking at either a Russell day long saddle or Bill Mayer saddle...
I've had two Russell saddles (both built to my specs). One was in all vinyl and other all leather...I prefer the leather.

I had no issues dealing with the company and ship times were as stated (I had the seats built during the early winter avoiding the long waits associated with spring orders).

While I did not do the ride-in service, I had good luck with my first one and had to return the second for an adjustment one time. If I were purchasing from them again, I would make every effort to have the ride-in fitting done.

Hope that helps!

Old 08-24-2008 | 03:28 PM
leeinmemphis
|
Road Warrior

Pine Tree and ride in is pretty much out of the question since I'm in Tn and they are in Ca. I'll probably get something going next month on it. Thanks.