Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New wide windshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008 | 06:48 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member

Hotshot....nice photos....thanks.

Old 09-13-2008 | 06:53 PM
Mars
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
Mars

Slightly OT

On your GPS mount...did you use the car ball mount that came with the unit and if so do you have any issued with vibration causing it to come loose? I am hesitant about mounting my Nuvi 200 using the mounting bracket that came with it. Also did you hard wire it or do you just run it off the internal battery.

I like that windshield and will be looking into one in the near future!

Thanks
The ball GPS mount works great. It has never come loose and I really like the location and flexibility of being able to just snap it on and off. 35 bucks on ebay. I use the car charger in the "cigarette lighter" outlet. Works great.

Old 09-13-2008 | 09:55 PM
hotshot
Tourer

Thanks Chula ! I like the windshield and the RJ Originals. Good stuff !

Old 09-14-2008 | 01:15 PM
badboytino
Intermediate
Default They're great!!

I've got one of these on my 04 Ultra and its SWEET!! I originally bought a 5" but the passenger was gettin beat with wind. Purchased a 10", light tint and its the bomb. They have a wide range of sizes and tints. I suggest the lighter tint, the dark is great for day riding but sucks during the night. Got mine off e-bay too.
Anyone have the after market adjustable wings on their fairing? If so how do they work?

Great pics Hotshot! I have the same windshield and love it!! Just purchased some wings today!

Last edited by badboytino; 09-14-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-14-2008 | 03:16 PM
hotshot
Tourer

Hey badboytino,

I've got the stock wings that came on my bike, they work great. You'll be happy.

Rain today, thanks to Ike and a cold front pushing through. No riding today.

Old 09-14-2008 | 03:46 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

Great bike!

Old 09-14-2008 | 04:04 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by hotshot
Just got back from about a 200 mile ride in the wind.... wind coming up from the Gulf and Hurricane Ike..... It was a tough test for the new windshield, but it passed with flying colors. Probably the most awesome thing is how much better I can hear the stereo speakers now ! WOW ! This is the 10" Half Moon Windshield in the Lite Tint, Marr-Resistant Lexan. You will also notice RJ Originals Mid-Frame Heat Deflectors on the bike, another winner of money well spent !

I like it !
Very nice looking windshield Hotshot. One question, where does the top of the shield fall in your line of sight?

Old 09-14-2008 | 06:35 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

well i think u all got me sold on the half moon dark tint - but b4 i order - the stock HD 4" really dont do the job other than blur my vision on the highway. I read the whole post , im 5.9 and dont like the tall windshield look and am considering the 7.5" half moon becasue i like to keep the SG looking more sporty. Is the 10" above ure field of view and the 7.5 under field of view ? I have been on some bikes and dont like the windshiled right at my field of view(eye level) or above it that i need to look through the windsheild while riding...
comments ?

Old 09-14-2008 | 08:40 PM
hotshot
Tourer

Hi Bert, I'm looking over the windshield. It's a 10". When I talked to Robin at Clark Windshields, she recommended getting a friend or wife to help, use a ruler to measure where your line of site is and determine the height to fall below your nose. How I did it was sat on the bike, looked at where I would like the top of the windshield to come, then I measured the spot. The 10" was perfect for me. I'm 5'9",ish.... at least when I first get up in the mornings. :-)

Papifun, I think I answered your question above. I wouldn't get a 10" in the dark tint though, as the lite tint is about right to still be able to see through at night. The shorter windshield would probably be perfect in the dark tint.
The street glide sits differently than my ultra (I think?), so not sure that the shields would be the same. Try sitting on it and doing the same thing I did, mentioned above. The 10" is below my line of site on the Ultra.

Hope I answered the questions... if not try again. :-)

Old 09-14-2008 | 09:45 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the info Hotshot. I really like the looks of the WS you have. Having a Street Glide with a lower seat hight, the 8" tall shield would be just right.

Quick Reply: New wide windshield