Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New wide windshield

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008 | 08:35 PM
dean
Advanced

Just asked for a quote on a MAR Resistant Lexan - Light Bronze... Prayers to Beth and John. Damn it - I hate hearing this stuff

Old 08-31-2008 | 06:18 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Okay you guys convinced me I will be ordering.

Old 09-01-2008 | 08:31 AM
hawg08
Road Master

Originally Posted by mrsr71
I don't know who these people, Dakota Sheild or Tool Haus, are but they must be resellers. I ordered mine direct from the guy that makes them at http://www.customflhtwindshields.net and got great service. They even put a personal note in the box that I thought was pretty amazing in this day and time. Anyhow, just thought you should know.

Old 09-07-2008 | 07:16 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Strange double post.

Last edited by masterblaster; 09-07-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2008 | 07:19 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I just ordered 2 a 7 inch dark tint, and a 9 inch light smoke, dont have my bike yet but from the test rides I know the stock wont work. Will report when I have a 1000 miles on the new 9 inch, the 7 is just to look cool. I asked them to cut teh Harley slots in the order that I placed an hour ago and they just called me to discuss, they dont like to do it because some past customers over torqued and complained, they will do it but nit guarentee against staring the slotted holes. I suspect with their servce level I pains them to get complaints, great people, have not tested the sheild yet but their responsiveness is amazing. I think I will be happy.

Old 09-07-2008 | 07:34 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member

Mars

Slightly OT

On your GPS mount...did you use the car ball mount that came with the unit and if so do you have any issued with vibration causing it to come loose? I am hesitant about mounting my Nuvi 200 using the mounting bracket that came with it. Also did you hard wire it or do you just run it off the internal battery.

I like that windshield and will be looking into one in the near future!

Thanks

Old 09-07-2008 | 08:51 PM
Keener
Tourer
Default HalfMoon !0 in. GREAT PORDUCT.

Great product, nice price. I received mine 2 days after the order in perfect condotion. Everything ont he ebay ad was accurate.

Plus it is cool lookin'

Old 09-08-2008 | 08:40 PM
hotshot
Tourer
Thumbs up

I got my 10" Half Moon in the Marr-Resistant, Lite Tint. It's a quality product and was shipped quickly and flawlessly. Great people to do biz with. Give them a call or email and tell them Hotshot from Tupelo sent you.

Well worth the money.

Now to get the time to get it installed. I'll give a ride report after that. If it's half as good as I've heard, I'll be happy.

Old 09-12-2008 | 09:36 PM
hotshot
Tourer
Thumbs up

Finally got over this pneumonia and felt good enough to get my new windshield installed.

It's awesome, easy to install, looks great and I'm a happy camper. I haven't taken a ride yet, but tomorrow will be the test.

I will also take a few photos and post them.

I've spent money on my bike that I deemed "well spent", that was with the RJ Classics Heat Shields and now with this windshield..... at least that's the "before the ride" opinion.

More to post after tomorrow.

Old 09-13-2008 | 04:50 PM
hotshot
Tourer

Just got back from about a 200 mile ride in the wind.... wind coming up from the Gulf and Hurricane Ike..... It was a tough test for the new windshield, but it passed with flying colors. Probably the most awesome thing is how much better I can hear the stereo speakers now ! WOW ! This is the 10" Half Moon Windshield in the Lite Tint, Marr-Resistant Lexan. You will also notice RJ Originals Mid-Frame Heat Deflectors on the bike, another winner of money well spent !

I like it !

Ok folks, here are the photos:

Last edited by hotshot; 09-13-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Quick Reply: New wide windshield