Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New wide windshield

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009 | 06:36 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master

Yeah, I've been looking at these, but I figure it would kinda make the chrome strip that goes right under the windshield look like it was "floating" between the fairing and this big wide windshield. It looks good on your bike, but I'll bet if you added the chrome strip it might look weird? Pics of that anybody?

Old 02-16-2009 | 08:55 PM
hotshot
Tourer

Reply to Captain Ron...

Hey Ron, did your shield come from Kentucky? Owners Robin and Pat Clark? They were first class to me and all my friends that have bought the Half-Moon shield from them.

I have about 7k miles on my 10" half moon and love it. They do have several different colors. Clear, Bronze, Smoke Light Tint and Smoke Dark Tint.

I got the Smoke Light Tint and it matches my black beauty very well. I also see that your shield wasn't the half-moon, but the little flippy do thing. So there might be a difference there. Not sure.

At any rate, the windshield I got was Lexan and I got the non-marr (sp) version and paid a few bucks more.

Just wanted to find out if you got yours from Robin and Pat? Robin and Pat were some of the best vendors that I've purchased from since I've had my Harley.

Old 02-16-2009 | 09:00 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by EGlideKid
Yeah, I've been looking at these, but I figure it would kinda make the chrome strip that goes right under the windshield look like it was "floating" between the fairing and this big wide windshield. It looks good on your bike, but I'll bet if you added the chrome strip it might look weird? Pics of that anybody?
Doesn't look too bad, does it?

Old 02-16-2009 | 10:31 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

Another pic with trim.

Old 02-17-2009 | 12:22 AM
blamecanada
Advanced

OH great.........Now i gotta get one of these bad boys....They sure do look great with the tint.
I think i'll be getting the 12" light tint one as i'm 6'-4" Need the extra to cover me.

Old 02-17-2009 | 02:53 AM
capt775
Road Master

I'm glad someone resurected this post. I'll be trying one of these.

Old 02-17-2009 | 08:24 AM
gmc
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by EGlideKid
Well take the chrome strip off, wide windshield really does help.

Last edited by gmc; 02-17-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-17-2009 | 08:35 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser

does the windshield flex much at highway speeds?? the corners look like they might to me, i have a CEE BAILYS now and not very happy, got there 12 inch ssc which is supposed to end up being 9 because of the contour,a lot of wind noise around that windshield

Old 02-17-2009 | 08:38 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

No flexing up to 80mph, over that I'm not sure because I haven't been there yet.....

Makes a big difference in hearing the radio at speed and it keeps the wind & cold off your hands....

Old 02-17-2009 | 08:43 AM
Joker441
Road Captain

These windshields are fantastic!! Pat and Robin cant be beat on any level. Customer service is above and beyond. These are just down home folks putting out a fantastic product at a great price. I put on one of the windshields last summer with no problems at all, no flexing or cracking. I know they hold at 90 mph on my 04 Ultra no problem. Give em a call, they will bend over backwards to make sure you get what you need. I would rather give my money to someone that knows my name and dont have to look it up as a number.
Joker

Quick Reply: New wide windshield