Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New wide windshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008 | 09:05 PM
paco ritter
Cruiser

Been using my 12" round top windshield from these folks for the past year. I took it off in April for the summer and run my cut down stock 10" on my '07 Ultra. By early October, I'll have it back in place for the cooler weather coming. It does make a tremedous difference in the wind blockage, along with a couple of other add on items that seem to all but eliminate the wind on you. It allows me to ride to work in much more comfort well into November. Since I leave for work at 5:30am, it is a bit airish even in L.A. Lower Arkansas, that is.

Old 09-22-2008 | 09:29 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Supporter

Nice looking glass. And can I ask what brand and where you got your gps mount? Thanks

Old 09-23-2008 | 06:29 AM
RADLINE
Cruiser

I'm 5' 10" and love my 6.5 halfmoon dark tinted on my FLHX.
Great communication, awesome packaging, well worth every penny.
Highly recommended.

Old 09-23-2008 | 07:30 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

here is the webpage

Originally Posted by Conehead

Old 09-23-2008 | 12:43 PM
BDHE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by spizzyman
Which gives the best results; half moon or flat top? Or does it matter?
Spizzyman;

I called and ordered a 10" windshield and lowers this morning (http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/index.html). I asked Robin that very question. Her answer is that for the rider it makes no difference as far as buffeting is concerned. But for the passenger, the half moon is far better (less buffeting) than the flat top.

By the way, Robin might be one of the most pleasant people I've had an opportunity to talk to lately.

Bryon

Last edited by BDHE; 09-29-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-23-2008 | 02:57 PM
vzts4q
Road Master
Default 9 in flat top

I got a 9" flat top in bronze tint i really like to look but in my case the buffeting above 60 when wearing a helmet is bad! I am 5'8" and look just over the shield. I will be ordering a 12" half moon.

Attached Thumbnails New wide windshield-9in-flat-top.jpg  
Old 09-26-2008 | 06:53 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

I just received my 7" dark tinted half moon. Hopefully will replace the 6.5" standard width one I've been using for almost 2 yrs now.

Ordered last Thursday. Shipped this past Monday via USPS and arrived today in California (Friday).

Arrived in great shape with a personal note scribbled over the wrapper. Even came with an adhesive backed replacement fairing gasket.

Will report back on performance and sound quality difference if any later tonight.

Note from my ergonomics background: Follow the sight line measuring tips mentioned earlier in this thread. Just beacause 2 guys may be 5'-11" there may very well be big differences in inseam height. Some guys are TALLER in the saddle than others so you can't always use overall height as a gauge.

Report back soon,

Primo

Old 09-29-2008 | 10:13 AM
BDHE
Cruiser

Greetings Everyone;

I put on a 10-inch half-moon lite tint windshield and lowers from www.customflhtwindshields.net on Sunday morning.

WOW! That windshield and the lowers made an extremely positive difference. After putting them on, I went for a check-ride around the block. The check-ride ended up being 130 miles before I got back home.

The motorcycle was virtually unridable with the 4" inch "windshield" that came on it - really gave me a beating.

Bryon

Old 10-04-2008 | 07:11 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

I am looking seriously at these. Do you guys that have them recommend the non-mar or mar resistant?

Old 10-04-2008 | 07:28 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Just ordered another one, 12" half moon, like tese things and tehy are cheap enough to get varying sizes for different riding, long haul, around town, looking cool (shorty dark).

Quick Reply: New wide windshield