Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Brake Pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 11:01 PM
wjl24
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Extended Brake Pedal?

Got mine from http://waltersworkshop.comand love it. Just be careful at first cause it feels way different and if your not paying attention and you need to stop quick you might not hit it right.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

ORIGINAL: wjl24

Got mine from http://waltersworkshop.comand love it. Just be careful at first cause it feels way different and if your not paying attention and you need to stop quick you might not hit it right.
I also like them, they match the factory look. I have the extended heel shifter from Walters and have the brake lever on order. Much more comfort with the extension.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:32 PM
customrk05
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue and have been thinking about the extended brake as well. Question....how hard is it to install? I am fairly handy with tools, but won't mess with the engine and other technical stuff. I hate to pay the dealer if I can do it myself.

I just want to make sure I stop, when I push on the thing!

Thanks
Pete

Old 03-23-2006, 01:17 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: customrk05

I have the same issue and have been thinking about the extended brake as well. Question....how hard is it to install? I am fairly handy with tools, but won't mess with the engine and other technical stuff. I hate to pay the dealer if I can do it myself.

Thanks
Pete
Piece-o-cake!

The only "challenging" thing is getting the pin that links the pedal to the plunger free. It is pressed in. A C-clamp & deep socket will do the trick. Just be sure to press it back in and pin it. You can do the same thing w/ the C-clamp.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:39 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: AcidRayn

i raised the front of my floor boards, as i have severely bad ankles (broken left 5 times and right 2) so more comfortable, and, i have big feet, so i was riding like duck footed.
i got the genuine billet slotted one, and it is the cats ****!
it moved it so the pedal is not over the floorboard (its not in that pic in my sig) i just put is on sunday
now looking at the billet shifters

get any exteneded one, you wont be sorry
I have the billet slotted extended brake and shifters. Also slotted shift linkage. They match the aluminator mirrors and covers that I have. [sm=signs007.gif]

Old 03-23-2006, 03:10 PM
territory145
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6'3" and I still don't know how I rode without the E-ZBRAKE. best aftermarket item I have installed along with the extended shifter.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2854/46EBB1B0243B40538138685D54E8CAF0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-23-2006, 03:23 PM
bonzo2
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Do the extended brake and shifter levers fit with the lower fairings on an 06 Ultra?

thanks

Old 03-23-2006, 03:46 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bonzo2

Do the extended brake and shifter levers fit with the lower fairings on an 06 Ultra?

thanks
Yes, no clearance problems.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:49 PM
turn55
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PhilM

ORIGINAL: customrk05

Thanks
Pete
Piece-o-cake!

The only "challenging" thing is getting the pin that links the pedal to the plunger free. It is pressed in. A C-clamp & deep socket will do the trick. Just be sure to press it back in and pin it. You can do the same thing w/ the C-clamp.
HOW IN THE WORLD can you get a c-clamp in there? Can you get it behind the pipe, in that small area, without removing anything? I have an extended brake and couldn't get the pin out. If this can be done without renoving the exhaust - tell me more. Like what does this c-clamp of yours look like, size wise. I'm all ears.

Ed

Old 03-29-2006, 11:14 PM
wjl24
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The pedal will fit with the lowers but when you apply brake your boot may hit the outer edge of lower. You need to make sure to place your foot toward the engine a little. With the OEM you tend to have your foot pointing away from the engine cause you come up around it to apply. First time I used mine I almost didn't stop in time cause boot hit the lower. I got used to it now and no problem. I would not go back to the original.