Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two more pleasant 09 surprises

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:58 PM
rickoshay45
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harley admits in it's mag that they phased in the latest improvements with a plan in mind. I'd be surprised if they don't continue in that vein. Less likely to PO the diehards! Myself I'm still upside down and at the rate I'm adding to the clock, may never get right side up.

They really did a number on every company doing Trike convwersions, outside of Leman of course. No more cutting and welding but a bolt on! Wonder if yo could buy just the kit?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by 88b
Not the same thing but a few years back a friend in San Diego wanted a new Mini Cooper S as a toy, he flew to Tennasee and saved almost $7000, last stop on the way home was the stealer in San Diego. You need to shop around, I'm near London England, when I changed my Heritage for an FLHT in 06 there was $6000 difference on the deal between two local dealers. The one I bought from got an extra 14 bike sales from doing me the right deal.

Thanks for the advice. I'm been doing that the last few days but right now the dealers probably are getting a lot of showroom traffic.

Maybe after things die down a little they might be more apt to bargain.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 530 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
52589-09

Thats for the NON adjustable.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
Ok. Why, is there an adjustable one? What other new parts are there for 2009?

Old 09-01-2008, 11:26 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wonder if the 09 shocks will still work on the early tour bikes, mines a 05 Road Glide wouldn't mind a extra buffer on the air pressure, I run pretty close to max all the time, but I am a healthy boy though

Old 09-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Dispatch
Ok. Why, is there an adjustable one? What other new parts are there for 2009?
not the first year of the "adjustable" rider backrest - uses a cable to adjust on the fly. noticed that the backrest hardware (adjustable and non-adjustable) for '08 and earlier has a new part number (ends in -09) maybe it's all been improved, not just for the 09s?

Old 09-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Weavr99FLHT
not the first year of the "adjustable" rider backrest - uses a cable to adjust on the fly. noticed that the backrest hardware (adjustable and non-adjustable) for '08 and earlier has a new part number (ends in -09) maybe it's all been improved, not just for the 09s?
Right. I remember the backrest with the cable. It has to be installed permanently into the side of the seat though. This is why I chose the non-adjustable one. I was wondering what other parts were new and improved for the 2009 line?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Worlok
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I just bought a 2008 UG/SE and like it a lot but I dont use a backrest. It looks like it would just get in the way to me but I dont have back trouble and can ride all day without a backrest. Also, I am not really impressed with the wide tire. I like wide tires on sportbikes, but I dont do radical cornering on the UG and figure the tire will just be a lot more expensive than the stock width tire, hell, you can barely see the tire on a an Ultra.
I rode 800 miles last weekend with wife on back, fuly loaded bags, and had no problems with suspension, so I'm happy with that too.
I got 2 thousand off MSRP for the 08 so I was also happy with the price. If they start making water cooled Harleys, I dont want one! The air cooled V Twin is what makes Harleys stand out. The WC engine will not look anything like the air cooled V Twin and that is sad. Water cooled engines are ugly and have no character, so you may as well get a Gold Wing at that point. And another thing, who in the hell wants a big radiator hanging in the front?
It just makes me sick thinking about a WC Ultra Glide! Maybe I'm a little old school but what to heck, it's how I feel.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Worlok
If they start making water cooled Harleys, I dont want one! The air cooled V Twin is what makes Harleys stand out. The WC engine will not look anything like the air cooled V Twin and that is sad. Water cooled engines are ugly and have no character, so you may as well get a Gold Wing at that point. And another thing, who in the hell wants a big radiator hanging in the front?
It just makes me sick thinking about a WC Ultra Glide! Maybe I'm a little old school but what to heck, it's how I feel.
We think very much alike and the fear of Water Cool coming soon is the reason I went ahead and sold by 02 RK (which I loved but needed updating) to step up to an 09 SG.

However, we should remember that it was almost revolutionary when the MOCO abandoned chain drive for the belt and I believe most riders and owners have adapted. Odds are most everyone will adjust to the WC when and if it does come.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Are there any new improved parts for 2009 that can be put on a 2008?