Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have a Mustang 1 piece touring seat on an 08?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008 | 09:35 PM
flyingace
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Have a Mustang 1 piece touring seat on an 08?

Im looking for someone who has the ONE piece Mustang touring seat (NOT the sport touring) on their 2008 or 2009 Electraglide, Ultra, or Streetglide. Can't be the regal model, studded or not does not matter, either is fine.

I specifically need someone with that seat on that year/model of bike.

If you have one, and would not mind taking a quick measurement for me, please PM me or reply here.

Thanx, Ace

Old 08-22-2008 | 10:53 PM
xcv8tor
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have the seat your looking for, but what is the seat that is on your new sg ?? Oh and what about some photos with the tour pak on ?

Old 08-22-2008 | 10:56 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whatcha lookin for?
Doesnt matter. Im up here in Toronto...Lookin at pictures of my bike, and my house, and my property...I love my life

Old 08-23-2008 | 07:15 AM
nmfxstc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 08 Ultra with the saddle you are inquiring about...what measurement ya need?

Old 08-23-2008 | 12:15 PM
flyingace
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey, thanx for responding. This is the measurement that I need:

Hook the tape measure in the groove at the back of the fuel door opening, and measure back to the deepest part of the seat (25" in this photo) What Im after here, is weather or not the mustang sits back any further than the Sundowner I have now. I had all the measurements before, but they were on an 07, and I don't know if the fuel door and/or console changed in 08 with the bigger tank, so I don't know if my old measurements are a valid comparison to the new bike. The 08/09 Sundowner seems to sit more forward to me, compared to my 07 Sundowner, which makes sense as they enlarged the rear section of the seat for the new version.

Last edited by flyingace; 08-23-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-23-2008 | 12:17 PM
flyingace
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by xcv8tor
I dont have the seat your looking for, but what is the seat that is on your new sg ?? Oh and what about some photos with the tour pak on ?
The photos you have most likely seen, have the stock seat on the bike. The other seat I have, is the HD Sundowner.

Il have some new photos sometime this weekend, with the tourpak on.

Old 08-23-2008 | 12:58 PM
shootdr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
Hey, thanx for responding. This is the measurement that I need:

Hook the tape measure in the groove at the back of the fuel door opening, and measure back to the deepest part of the seat (25" in this photo) What Im after here, is weather or not the mustang sits back any further than the Sundowner I have now. I had all the measurements before, but they were on an 07, and I don't know if the fuel door and/or console changed in 08 with the bigger tank, so I don't know if my old measurements are a valid comparison to the new bike. The 08/09 Sundowner seems to sit more forward to me, compared to my 07 Sundowner, which makes sense as they enlarged the rear section of the seat for the new version.

ww1flyingace. I have the mustang seat you are referencing on an 08 Ultra. I checked it, is right at 25". Hope that helps.

Old 08-23-2008 | 01:00 PM
G wizz
Cruiser
Smile Muatang seat

I have an 08 Classic with the Mustang touring seat. I took a measurment as you requested, and it is the same distance as stock (25"). I did notice with the Mustang seat, that I do sit a little lower, and the nose of the seat is shorter and narrower than stock. I can touch the ground flat footed now.
It is a whole lot more comfortable than the stock seat. My butt don't hurt anymore after an all day ride.

G wizz

Old 08-23-2008 | 01:54 PM
flyingace
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey, thanx guys. Pretty much tells me that the Mustang 1 peice isnt gonna move me back anymore (didn't think it would, from past experience) So If I go Mustang, its gonna probably be the 2 piece again.

Thanx for the help guys.

Old 08-23-2008 | 02:16 PM
xcv8tor
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
The photos you have most likely seen, have the stock seat on the bike. The other seat I have, is the HD Sundowner.

Il have some new photos sometime this weekend, with the tourpak on.
I actully saw it in front of the dealership on State Street on thursday afternoon (i think). I had to go down and pick up my Liscence Plate for my bike. It looked like it just got painted and was out in the sun. The hardware wasnt all back on yet. I just wanted to see it all finished.

Quick Reply: Have a Mustang 1 piece touring seat on an 08?