Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love this Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 01:31 AM
Born2cure
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love this Ultra

I said it before I say it again I love this Ultra. I have had multiple. bikes over the years about 10 have ridden 3 or 4 times that, including several HDs. Never owned a HD always japs, mostly Honda. Last several were GWs, last one an 07 I kept for a year didn't like the color after a while and sold on e-bay. Purchased an 08 Ultra Love this bike more then my first bike 30 years ago. Will not go back! At low speeds I find the Ultra handles better then the GW But the GW was fast real fast for a touring bike. That is the only thing I miss about the GW. Comfort level the same, my lady said the GW had more room. My daughter Loves the HD. I will just remove the back rest when may lady is on the back, She makes a better back rest anyways. the HD one doesn't give a back scratch while riding anyway.
John
Ride safe

Old 08-22-2008, 03:06 AM
08UltraRider
Cruiser

+1 to that.... I also have owned several bikes over the last 37 years including a Goldwing which I have no regrets riding.... I just traded in my Softail Custom for a Candy Red Sunglow Ultra and am loving it....

Old 08-22-2008, 05:13 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here. I have been riding for 42 years. Just sold my 06 Ultra and bought a 09 Ultra. I love the new features. If the damn tropical storm would leave I could put on some miles. Gas millage is better with a 80 mph tail wind though.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:36 AM
zapps
Cruiser

I agree also. Owned a 2001 Goldwing until last April when I bought my 2008 Ultra. I tried to be comfortable on the Goldwing and never could. I rode the Ultra 852 miles two-up on the last day of our vacation trip this summer and was ready for more. The Goldwing was a great bike and I rode it for 64,000 miles, but the Ultra is truly a much better ride!
Zapps
2008 Ultra

Last edited by zapps; 08-22-2008 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:03 AM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

If you ride a lot and in all weather, the Ultra is hard to beat. I love mine. Personally, I didn't care for the plastic, airliner cockpit look of the GW though I'm sure it's a good bike. The HD bikes just seem to have more soul to them.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:35 AM
2ForTheRoad
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the Ultra. Unlike many this is my first bike, been riding about a year. If you start at the top it's hard to be disappointed.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

+1 ...

This is my 2nd Ultra. Just can't imagine riding anything else.

I guess I'm hooked :-)

Old 08-22-2008, 08:51 AM
confused
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Born2cure
I said it before I say it again I love this Ultra. I have had multiple. bikes over the years about 10 have ridden 3 or 4 times that, including several HDs. Never owned a HD always japs, mostly Honda. Last several were GWs, last one an 07 I kept for a year didn't like the color after a while and sold on e-bay. Purchased an 08 Ultra Love this bike more then my first bike 30 years ago. Will not go back! At low speeds I find the Ultra handles better then the GW But the GW was fast real fast for a touring bike. That is the only thing I miss about the GW. Comfort level the same, my lady said the GW had more room. My daughter Loves the HD. I will just remove the back rest when may lady is on the back, She makes a better back rest anyways. the HD one doesn't give a back scratch while riding anyway.
John
Ride safe

The George Anderson kit will move that tour pak back 2" and the lady will love you more

Old 08-22-2008, 09:12 AM
shootdr
Cruiser

Put the tour pak relocation kit on. I did and the wife has more room and I still have my backrest. No more complaints about room.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:40 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

Never owned or rode a Goldwing, however I don't think I would trade my ultra for anything, every time I get on it weather to go around the conner to the market or a three day ride they pleasure I get can't be gotten anywhere else. Gets that is why we all ride HD and put up with the BS.

Quick Reply: Love this Ultra