Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer refund for stage 1 download

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006 | 08:08 PM
juscoop
|
Tourer
Default dealer refund for stage 1 download

I took my SG to the dealer to get some warranty work done.The radio went completly black, they are putting in a new radio.Battery will not hold a charge, they are going to put in a new one. I went with some of the members sugestions I did not say anything about the injectors just told them that the bike would sometimes stall and had a hard time starting. I left the bike there and went home. called back the next day to see what they had found out .When I talked to the service manager he tould me that back in Sept. when they did the stage 1 downlode that the did not know about the FI problems and he would put in the new injectors and recomends the SERT to make the bike run the best and would refund what I have already paid for the stage 1 download.I think this sounds fair what do you all think?

Old 03-20-2006 | 08:27 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: dealer refund for stage 1 download

Injectors first, then see about needing more.
You shouldn't be paying to fix a warranty problem.

Good of them to offer to refund the download cost. Hopefully its not contingent on spending more money.

Old 03-20-2006 | 11:19 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior

Sounds like a good dealership to me.

Old 03-20-2006 | 11:51 PM
KRATC
Advanced

ORIGINAL: juscoop

I took my SG to the dealer to get some warranty work done.The radio went completly black, they are putting in a new radio.Battery will not hold a charge, they are going to put in a new one. I went with some of the members sugestions I did not say anything about the injectors just told them that the bike would sometimes stall and had a hard time starting. I left the bike there and went home. called back the next day to see what they had found out .When I talked to the service manager he tould me that back in Sept. when they did the stage 1 downlode that the did not know about the FI problems and he would put in the new injectors and recomends the SERT to make the bike run the best and would refund what I have already paid for the stage 1 download.I think this sounds fair what do you all think?
it sounds like they are giving you a $150 (or whatever the stage 1 download cost) credit toward the SERT. if you need/want the SERT I think that is a good deal.

Old 03-22-2006 | 03:50 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

ORIGINAL: KRATC

it sounds like they are giving you a $150 (or whatever the stage 1 download cost) credit toward the SERT. if you need/want the SERT I think that is a good deal.
Getting your money back from a dealership is always good! This is rare in this day and age! Most dealerships would blame you for their inadequacy and mistakes. I agree that you should put this $150 toward a SERT. However, unless you also have aftermarket mufflers, and willing to have it dyno tuned for $300, the SERT will do you no good! If you want to get the max horsepower and torque from your engine, you'll need to do it as a package.

Old 03-22-2006 | 04:24 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds good to me.

Old 03-25-2006 | 09:46 AM
juscoop
|
Tourer

they told me that after the refund it would cost $425 to have the SERT installed and dynoed

Old 03-25-2006 | 12:53 PM
scott
Advanced

they told me that after the refund it would cost $425 to have the SERT installed and dynoed
Just double check the price I just had it done there is no installation of the sert It just plugs in the dealer charged me 225.00 for the dyno 119.00 for the air cleaner and 70.00 install of the air cleaner did not want to drive to far if I put it on myself so if you got that all for 425.00 you did well you will be happy
Scott