Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dealer Aint no Stealer......appreciation thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 PM
IN Glide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Great Dealer

It is not even my local dealer but they are great!! When I was just looking to get back into riding, I stopped by the Michigan City, IN HD store. It had been over two years since I was in there when I had a Softail Standard. While looking at a Street Glide, the service manager walked up and called me by name and asked how I was doing. I was taken by suprise that he remembered me. Even the sales manager rememberd me and never made me feel like another sale. On top of a great deal on my FLHX the service manager and his department have always been more than helpful in anything I need and are VERY reasonable on performing service. Highly recommend Michigan City, IN HD.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
wjpauly
Advanced

One of my hobbies is to collect dealer pins, while my wife shops of course... We've been to >140 dealers in the US, and seen all kinds. I'm braggin' on my local dealer, St. Paul H-D, which I think is tops of those I've been into. Great people, service, and the owners give back to their community.

But two on the road also come to mind - Jim Bailey's in Fort Wayne, IN, and Western Reserve in Mentor, OH - when our crew was in need of services.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 PM
J2X
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

SONIC - I stop in at the TALLY HD on my way to Jacksonville. I will conur, they are certainly friendly.

I also visit the Pensacola, Ft. Walton Beach and Slidell, La stores and the people could not be nicer.

I need to stop the HD in Daphne, Ala. I heard they are good, too.

Last edited by J2X; 08-20-2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Found and error
Old 08-20-2008, 09:59 PM
J2X
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

ZAPPS - Glad to hear that Renegade HD is a good place. I was living there when the place first opened and sales were a little slow. Hopefully business is good for them.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I got a courtesy call today from my friends at Out Post HD in Pueblo, CO...just checking to see how my bike was running. Nick, Chris, Nate, Mar, Arleen...and everyone else I didn't mention are just plain good people and I'm happy to keep giving them my business.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:34 PM
SeaHag
Road Master
Default Mankato Harley Davidson in Mankato, MN

This is only a comment about their service counter people. I turn my own wrenches, and did not buy a bike from them yet, so I don't have any experience with that side of their business.

They know I'm on a budget and always looking for a deal, yet they do not seem to hold it against me that I buy a lot of my needs online. When I visit them they always give me first rate service and actually know what they are selling. Most of the guys at the parts counter actually wrench their own bikes, so when they sell you a part, they know where its going to be used.

Great guys.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:12 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 518 Likes on 361 Posts
Thumbs up

While not my local dealer, I have to mention the outstanding (above & beyond the call) service at Jamestown Harley (Jamestown Calif, near Yosemite)

A few weeks back, while tooling around up there, the battery went dead in my buddies Deuce. We were in Sonora a few miles away, so we gave it a bump start and headed down the road to Jamestown.

It was a Saturday afternoon. They had sponsered a run that day. It was a little late in the day (3:00 PM) but they were still busy. I was thinking we'd be changing the battery there in the parking lot. They took it right in, swaped the battery out, checked the connections and made sure the charging syst was ok . . . and . . . charged him 20 bucks labor (plus the cost of the battery) Pretty sweet deal, I thought. Took 40 min (aprox)

That's the 2nd time they've helped either myself out or someone in or group over the years.
I'm thinking the previously mentioned Merced Harley is the same owners (maybe not?)
Either way OUTSTANDING F-ing service !!!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:29 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

Northwest Harley Davidson in Olympia Wa.is definatley the Friendliest shop on the west coast!
Great Sales Staff (Julio-GM, Judd and Bridgett) Lou, Misty and Jamie are top notch parts dept, And by far the BEST service department headed by Jeremy, and Preacher Steve- the best DYNO tuner on the west coast!!

Old 08-21-2008, 06:21 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTim
Cajun Harley Lafayette, La. good people, good prices and great service I'm sure others will chime in.
I have to agree Cajun is great dealership. Been there many times.

Northshore Harley here in Slidell was one of the worst I had ever seen until about 2 years ago when it was sold. Now it is one of the best. The locals have stopped going 50 miles to New Orleans or Hammond for bikes and service. Thank you Mike Bruno, the new owner of Northshore Harley.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 AM
1bgrd1
Advanced

Capital City Harley-Davidson/Buell in Madison WI has been a great dealer for me when I puchased my used 05 EGLIDE std and then needed some work done on the cam chain tensioners at 40K. Good service from all 4 areas, Sales, Service, Parts and Clothing.