Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Mod Hogtunes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 06:24 PM
foghat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Mod Hogtunes!

Fed Ex came today at 12:30 and at 2:15 I was listening to the most Excellent HOGTUNE Speaker system. The install went smooth armed with the fairing removal instructions from HD Forums and a torx screw driver. Had a little trouble getting the connectors off the stockers but finally they succumbed to my wiggle technique. Very careful on tightening the fairing screws upon re installing. TAKE YOUR TIME HERE. Now the speakers flat out Rock the HK Advanced Audio. No need for a amplifer with these babys! PEZ you are the MAN. What a $$$ deal for the improvement in sound quality. Thank you again and I highly reccomend this upgrade to everyone. Now on to the Rinehart Install. SOMEBODY STOP ME!

Old 03-20-2006, 06:59 PM
100yrfatboy
Road Captain
Default RE: 1st Mod Hogtunes!

ORIGINAL: foghat

Fed Ex came today at 12:30 and at 2:15 I was listening to the most Excellent HOGTUNE Speaker system. The install went smooth armed with the fairing removal instructions from HD Forums and a torx screw driver. Had a little trouble getting the connectors off the stockers but finally they succumbed to my wiggle technique. Very careful on tightening the fairing screws upon re installing. TAKE YOUR TIME HERE. Now the speakers flat out Rock the HK Advanced Audio. No need for a amplifer with these babys! PEZ you are the MAN. What a $$$ deal for the improvement in sound quality. Thank you again and I highly reccomend this upgrade to everyone. Now on to the Rinehart Install. SOMEBODY STOP ME!
I hear you saying the speakers are louder. Can you give me some detail on how it sounds better. Convince me! I need a little push to make the purchase. I really like the sound I have now over the previous years.
Come on get me over the edge!

Has anyone got these on an 06 Ultra yet? Should I replace front & rear?

Old 03-20-2006, 07:04 PM
1potter1
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i also have a 06 ultra and im very happy with the sound qaulity of the stock speaker at highway speeds. i would like to her about some comparison of the 06 ultra speaker with the hogtunes?

Old 03-20-2006, 07:11 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

With the volume up, the music is clear and not so much distorted. I am sure these will be better then the stock speakers once I get my pipes on too.

Bob

ORIGINAL: 100yrfatboy

I hear you saying the speakers are louder. Can you give me some detail on how it sounds better. Convince me! I need a little push to make the purchase. I really like the sound I have now over the previous years.
Come on get me over the edge!

Has anyone got these on an 06 Ultra yet? Should I replace front & rear?

Old 03-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Boatman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have an 06 but have an 05 SEEG with the best MOCO radio/amp for that year. Like others have said, they sound more clear and no distortion at highway speeds. Go to their website and look at the HT and MOCO speakers and you can see the difference. You actually turn the volume down at speed whereas the stock speakers you were always turing up. I assume it would be the same for the 06 speaker. If I had an 06, I would buy them, that's how much I think about the HT speaker.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Bluuzplayer
Advanced

Are these an easy install? Do you have to pull the inner fairing on an Ultra?

Old 03-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1potter1

i also have a 06 ultra and im very happy with the sound qaulity of the stock speaker at highway speeds. i would like to her about some comparison of the 06 ultra speaker with the hogtunes?
At Fox HD, (and maybe some other dealers) Pez has a comparison box, that you can actually compare stock to HT. I wish they were in all dealers, because he would get a sale from each person that tried it, but it must cost a fortune for these displays, so you will just have to ride a buddies bike who has HT to see for yourself.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:00 PM
foghat
Advanced

Clearer sound quality, Louder throughout the volume range, and as Stated in this thread turning up the volume at speed is no longer neccessary. Night and Day noticable difference for $107.00 shipped to my door. I am a rocker from way back and I love my music the way it is played live. LOUD and CLEAR. This is why I did this Mod first. You can see the difference in Quality when pull the old speakers out and set them beside the Hogtunes. Backed by PEZes Warranty. Hope this helps. Say can anyone tell me if I should of put loctite on the fairing screws? I have had a few come loose frojm the factory. Hmmmmm

Old 03-20-2006, 08:05 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

All you have to do is pull the outter fairing. Quick easy and fast install.

Bob

ORIGINAL: Bluuzplayer

Are these an easy install? Do you have to pull the inner fairing on an Ultra?

Old 03-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

Say can anyone tell me if I should of put loctite on the fairing screws? I have had a few come loose frojm the factory. Hmmmmm
The fairing screws thread into a brass bushing which is pushed into the plastics. If you loctite the screws you will strip out the bushings. If the bushing is already loose, use some JB weld to lck it back in place.

Quick Reply: 1st Mod Hogtunes!