Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surdyke Harley Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 04:06 PM
mile high king
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Used them several times. Quick service and order status updates. The only one I use now.

Originally Posted by bazam9s
Hey, Anyone ever buy parts from www.Surdyke.com.? I guess they are a HD dealer from MO. There price seem to be a lower than my dealer here in Boston. Just looking to see if they are reputable.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:17 PM
TRVSDAD
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used them numerous times, and continue to do so. I even had a return or two because the parts didn't fit and the HD catalog said they would. Don't be fooled by the 20% off though, they charge 7% shipping of which half is profit. But 13% off MSRP is still better than MSRP. You can play with your cart by adding things until the shipping charge increases, to see the cut off point. I always order enough chrome to use up every penny of shipping charge.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:19 PM
The Nev
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Surdyke all the time, I've yet to have a problem with them.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:40 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have used Surdyke several times. Always check there pricing, they don't give 20% on everything just like so many of these discount Harley dealers.
I order things from them when they are giving the full 20% off because they ship faster than Chicago Harley.
Chicago Harley gives 20% off ever time on everything but it always takes 3 weeks to get parts from them, but it is worth it at times.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:00 PM
The Nev
Cruiser

I've had great success with Surdyke I have ordered parts for my son's Sportster gas tank, seat, handle bars, risers mirrors and some odds and ends. I've ordered for my Wife's Heritage slip on's grips, A/C and other odds and ends and quite a bit for my Ultra. I had one item I had to send back and it was no problem. I find that most times I get 20% to 25% off and shipping is usually not anymore then I would pay in taxes locally. So I definetly save money.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Motorman10, that's exactly why I said sometimes there can be a long wait for the item to arrive. Had a similar event. Which is why I end up doing business with Katie, at Mason City HD. Give her a call, and you'll agree...

Old 08-19-2008, 10:02 PM
hdatontodo
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bazam9s
Hey Tony,
Clicked on your website...I also ride an 05 EGS....but whats up with the fuel cell..long riding? dislike gas stations?
I got the BLM fuel cell for LD riding--after getting a couple of Iron Butt certs. It's nice to stop when you want to instead of when you have to.

Funny that I had it in my garage over a year after I sold my 2005 FLHT--and recently sold it--only to subsequently put in an order for on 09' FLHTC (the reason for using Surdyke.)

Grins,
Tony
http://www.tontodonato.com

Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Surdyke is my local dealer and where I bought my bike. I try to buy my parts elsewhere, as I have to pay sales tax on the online orders, too. In-house parts dept. is knowledgable and honest.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:21 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Motorman10
I may be the minority here in dealing with Surdyke. I was very disappointed in there customer service department. I ordered a part and was notified a week later that it was back ordered. No problem - I'm patient. I recieve an e-mail from them indicating that the part I ordered would be off the back order list 08/15. I sent them an e-mail on 08/16 for an update and got the same e-mail I originally recieved [off back order 08/15] On this date, I contacted them by phone and they told me that the part I ordered was extended on the B/O list to 08/29. No e-mail was sent from them indicating that. I went ahead and canceled my order. They do have good prices, but I rather deal with a company who not only keeps me informed but will do a nation search for the part I need. It is a Harley dealership and they can get the part from another dealership by e-commerce. I won't be dealing with them in the future.
+1. I ordered about 2 grand worth of stuff when I rebuilt my evo. SE heads, Mikuni 42 carb etc. They charged my cc the full amount. A week later they said the heads werent avail anymore and it would take 30 days to get a credit, AND 30-45 days to get the carb. I cancelled the entire order I was pissed as it held up my job.
I figured they dont order your stuff until they gat a large order and then go to HD so they get a larger discount..

Old 08-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Spokomo
Advanced

I've used Surdyke a number of times in the past and had good luck with them almost every time. The prices were right, even with shipping. I usually had a list of five to ten items so I could get a decent shipping discount. Now that I've "upgraded" from the Sporty to an E-Glide, I'm sure I'll be shopping there some more.

Quick Reply: Surdyke Harley Parts