Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Stabilizers.....Requesting Input

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sifularson
There have been HUNDREDS of feedback replies.
Damn! Beat me again, this time by two minutes. The margin is narrowing, though.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:51 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

You guys are right, it is I that failed to be aware of the abundance of feedback regarding these small miracles. Maybe I had my head in the chrome bin too long. I'm getting "giddy" in making my decision on one of these devices. I love new toys.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:57 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so lets throw this in the mix. if you are just strengthening the raer swingarm movement has anyone used the sta bo II bushings? 1/4 of the price of any of the frame mounted units on the market. also with all these units how much vibration is transmitted thru the frame to the rider? the basis of rubbermounted engines is to reduce vibration from a solid mounted motor and trans. as forward and aft movement wont affect stability shouldnt we exclude all units with this feature? just a few random thoughts to complicate things!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:03 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Good points to ponder Blueflht

I was under the impression that the increase in vibration that gets transmitted to the frame is when a device hinders the UP AND DOWN movement of the motor(ie..stabo bushings) moreso vs. alleviating the side to side movement. I could be wrong, but this was my impression in my attempt to follow the wollow.......LOL!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:05 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a short note to say "Thanks" for all the good input"...I too am considering a purchase to eliminate the notorious wobble. I saw on here the ad for Phoenix Customs product that claims to do the same as TWR's. Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks, oh and once again Kla$$ic thanks for an insightful query to get to meat of the issue. CCRyder

Old 08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
EddyD
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hindrance of movement, up/down, side to side ~ good points to ponder indeed to determine what ya really need!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by EddyD
Hindrance of movement, up/down, side to side ~ good points to ponder indeed to determine what ya really need!

There's only room for one poet Eddy. Get behind me. j/k

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 08-19-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:28 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic

There's only room for one poet Eddy. Get behind me. j/k
Got your PM Darren. Hope I helped you. You asked some good questions. So many members have the same questions concerning these stabilizers.

Have a great day and enjoy the forum.

There are some very nice people here. Yes, a few A**holes but that's the way the world is. I wouldn't change a thing. Makes life interesting. LOL
Steve

Old 08-19-2008, 03:30 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not going to chose one brand over another, because I can only speak or the one I installed. I did not feel the wobble (but I only had my used 03 Road King for 2 months), nor did I want to. I installed the TWR link and immediatly felt a difference on the highway, especialy in turns, in windy conditions and on groved pavement.
I ride with my wife quite often and the piece of mind that i'm not going to go into a wobble with her on the back is all I needed to justify the purchase.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
OR maybe some can't feel the wobble with the bike sitting in the garage all the time.......oooopsie.

Eitherway, I'd like to hear some live testimonies.
I am one who is unsure what the wobble situation you speak of in your posts. I have an 07 Road Glide and it seems to be tracking very well through turns and I ride it hard. Maybe the wobble is there, I might just not be paying enough attention. So...

When does the wobble occur? Is it long corners? Quick left and right corners?

What does it feel like when the wobble occurs? Please don't tell me I will know when it happens...

What is creating the wobble in relation to the bike?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Rear Stabilizers.....Requesting Input