Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard bags for RKC

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:46 AM
tatertot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard bags for RKC

Wondering about my options for replacing my hard leather bags for the bags that come on the standard Roadking in Crimson Red Sunglow. I don't see them listed in the new HD parts catalog. Any clue on what the price would be?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:26 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Call or go the dealer.. They should be able to get them but the pin-striping may not be the same color. Or you can check out E-Bay they get take -offs all the time.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:59 PM
tatertot
Cruiser

Thanks Pappy. Lot of take-offs on Ebay. None in my color yet. Could always have a set painted.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a set of hard bags for my King classic, got them from E-Bay real cheap. Rattle caned them because they are for road trips where I might get the leather bage tore up. Get a cheap set from E-Bay and have them painted, way cheaper than new from the dealer.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought a set of take-offs for my '07 Road King Classic and really enjoyed having the option of leather or hard bags. The hard bags are slightly taller and would swallow my laptop computer better than the leather bags, plus they were lockable and seemed more weather tight. Eventually, I sold my leather bags because I just never removed the hard bags.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:38 PM
tatertot
Cruiser

Would the dealer be the one to paint them if I got an off color set off ebay? Also, do the hard bags mount on the bike same as the hard leathers?

Old 08-14-2008, 09:44 PM
On the Road Again
Novice

Pastor....love what you've done to your scoot. Riding an '06 RKC and looking for a solo seat...is that a Corbin or somthing else?

Old 08-14-2008, 09:49 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can't find them on ebay, and if you prefer to talk to a real person who cares and will help you get what you need at a discount (15-20%) call Katie:

Katie Eppers
Harley-Davidson of Mason City
706 S. Federal Ave.
Mason City, IA 50401
(641) 423-6007
1-877-946-4362

She is a real help and will make sure you get the right part with the right striping. Tell her I sent you, it won't get you a better price, but it will let her know that she is doing a great job...

I ordered an HD King Tourpak from her and she was a real blessing!
Best,

Jay (Pipersville, PA)

Old 08-14-2008, 09:59 PM
tatertot
Cruiser

Thanks to all that replied. Jay, did you get your hard bags from Katie and if so, what did they run you if I may ask?

Larry

Old 08-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Truman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a color matched set from Surdyke.com, 471 per bag plus 45 bucks for the lock sets matched to your existing key, in addition the latch reflectors...about 12 bucks a pair are not included, I was amazed when My bags arrived to find no reflectors, you would think for a set of 1000 dollar plastic bags at very least the cheesy bicycle type 50 cent reflectors would be included.

If you order make sure you order the locks, I called to confirm My order and the person I spoke with told Me the locks were included at no charge, the bags arrived today and no locks...well of course he screwed up, locks are extra.

Quick Reply: Hard bags for RKC