Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage III Completed

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 02:22 PM
SiCkEl_RiDeR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage III Completed

Picked up Silver yesterday morning. 2 Problems exist now:
1.) Speedo stopped working half way home (Harley Dealer will fix that for free)
2.) Engine dies approaching Stop when I disengage clutch
This problem maybe more complicated. Before I left Both Senior Service Mgr and the Senior Tech who worked on my UC told me they had problems with the KURAKYN HYPERCHARGERS on FI/DELPHI TC88's. Something about the Vacuum and the modulator sensor causing the idle to drop too low on deacceleration, but runs fine at flat idle. They also told me that same issue sends a false trip to the computer and turns on the "check engine" light.. Well guess what came on half way home after the third time the engine died. The Service Manager said that was a good thing, they can read the computer and find out where the FAULT is coming from. If it's the F/I Induction Throttle Body, then most likely it's the HYPERCHARGER causing the problem. So that means I'll have to eat $150 on that and buy something more stock/stable like the SE Air Cleaner. Lesson learned I guess. The pisser, for me, is that I knew about this problem, but the HYPERCHARGER I bought was the newly re-designed one and this model specifically said it worked on TC88's with FI/DELPHI ignition systems. So I thought I would be okay.

But everything else on the bike runs/sounds great. I can hear the whining from the GEAR cams vs. Chain Cams. It's only noticable at idle really. But the acceleration (limited right now due to break-in) and the Sound tells me I definately got my monies worth. I took pictures during the tear-down/rebuild process and I'll have to take some of the final build. Once I get them collected I will share that and the DYNO spec's I'll be getting once break-in has been completed.

I gotta say though.. everyone at the Dealership was impressed with the RINEHART sound and quality. As I was getting ready to leave a HD Customer and his wife came over and wanted to hear what my pipes sounded like. I flipped the switch, hit start and up she roared. You could see the grin on his face and even his wife liked the sound. They are not as loud as THUNDER HEADERS, but I didn't want that. Bottom line it's still a bagger.. I think Thunder Headers are more for SPORTIES, etc..

She's not as strong out of the hole as the old stock, but I didn't think it would be.. Silvers Top end however will be significantly better. She starts to comes on around 2.5K which is what we figured with the Cam durations we went with. Right now I can't go above 4K until the rings have seated in after that I can start "playing" more with the rev limits and see how she powers on. From the brief experience I got around 3.5K.. I CAN'T WAIT!!

For anyone who wants to know here are the parts I went with:
SE HTCC PISTON KIT (10.5:1)
SE HTCC EFI MANIFOLD
SE HP 95" KIT
SE HP 95" CYLINDERS
SE DIAPHRAM SPRING (For Clutch)
LITE CLUTCH KIT (adds a lot of smoothness)
SE QUICK INSTALL HARDENED PUSHROD KIT
S&S 570G CAM KIT
SE EFI RACE TUNER
RINEHART TRUE DUALS
M-6
TRUE-TRACK (Made a huge difference in handling)

Cheers all!

Hope to see some of you out on the road!!

Old 03-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Stage III Completed

Congrats! Let us know what it hits on the dyno. I'l be doing a BB kit later this year. Might just wait and have it done when winter comes. No need to miss the riding season.