Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart siren install

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:27 PM
capt42a
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart siren install

I have an 2008 FLHX and have been considering adding a smart siren since I don't have an enclosed garage in my new (to me) house. Does anyone have any tips on the install, where does the siren mount ? Is it just plug and play ?
Thanks for the help,
capt42a

Old 08-13-2008, 11:47 PM
JGroves
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The siren mounts under the left side cover and "yes" it is plug and play.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:00 AM
pandol34
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Smart Siren

Great after-dealer install! Piece of cake...plug & play. You'll be glad you did it!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 AM
QWeeks
Cruiser

http://www.scorpioalarms.com/ look at these.i just put one in and it took me 30 min.the company and tech support are great.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 PM
shootdr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by QWeeks
http://www.scorpioalarms.com/ look at these.i just put one in and it took me 30 min.the company and tech support are great.
Qweeks I may have missed it when checking it out on their site, but does the system come w/pager and if so did you get it and how does it work (distance, reliability etc.)?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:34 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

Originally Posted by capt42a
I have an 2008 FLHX and have been considering adding a smart siren since I don't have an enclosed garage in my new (to me) house. Does anyone have any tips on the install, where does the siren mount ? Is it just plug and play ?
Thanks for the help,
capt42a
Hey Capt.
It goes on the left side of the fuse box. It just snaps in and the plug for it is already there. The plug is plugged into a dummy spot so it don't move around, just un plug it and plug it in to the alarm. HELPFUL hint >>>You will see a prong on the left that snaps over the alarm. IT IS VERY TIGHT. Put a little vasoline or grease on the prong to help it snap in or you will swear it does not go there!!

Ride safe

Old 08-14-2008, 02:44 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by The Old Man
Hey Capt.
It goes on the left side of the fuse box. It just snaps in and the plug for it is already there. The plug is plugged into a dummy spot so it don't move around, just un plug it and plug it in to the alarm. HELPFUL hint >>>You will see a prong on the left that snaps over the alarm. IT IS VERY TIGHT. Put a little vasoline or grease on the prong to help it snap in or you will swear it does not go there!!

Ride safe
That is sage advice. I didn't and had to push with a boot to get it to seat. Otherwise it's probably the easiest install that you'll do.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Hawgzilla
Intermediate
Thumbs up

In this case it IS literally "made for your bike." The install couldn't be easier, and the Smart Pager Receiver II is a practical option that opens up when you've installed the Smart Siren II. I got both of them a few weekends ago and am very happy to have them.

Last edited by Hawgzilla; 08-14-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You may consider the ever popular "Radio Shack Siren" trick. Costs about $6 and does a great job. No pager option though.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 PM
NoTyme
Cruiser

If you go with the Harley system and decide to get a pager, Make Sure you get the rechargeable one. The older style just eats batteries... I should know!!! I had one.

Quick Reply: Smart siren install