Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rode all day in the rain

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Rode all day in the rain

a few friends and i went for a decent ride up to Cabela's- area here in PA. while we knew that it would rain at some point during the day- we didnt expect torrential downpours, hail and near zero visibility. holy shlt were the forecasters wrong!

while i dont enjoy riding in the rain- mainly due to getting my bike all crapped up- but if i know rain is forecasted, and its only a day ride- ill make other plans.

all i can say was that i spent over two hours cleaning today!!! god damn was my dirrrrrrrrrrrty!

i kind of enjoy cleaning my bike though.... very relaxing.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:06 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hats off to you i avoid the bad weather much as possible i pack for bad weather on
long rides but here in cailf the weather is awesome just watch out for the santa ana
winds they are wicked-ride safe

Old 08-11-2008, 10:24 PM
CrimsonThunder
Road Captain

You know, I avoid the bad weather if I have an option, but once the bike's already wet, I actually sometimes enjoy it. I just like when someone in a cage looks at you thinking "Haha, look at the stupid biker" and you realize they have no idea how much fun you're really having. Now if someone would just make some decent goggles that don't allow rain to accumulate inside them.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:42 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I can't count how many times I've been caught in thunderstorms this summer. Usually I have the rain gear and full face on and it's a non event. But last week I got caught in a monster thunderstorm with my half helmet and googles. WOW! I thought I was going to go off the road and crash since I couldn't see much past the end of the bike at times. Driving/pouring rain, hail and strong winds is no place to be in a 1/2 helmet and googles.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:43 PM
JnT4Life
Tourer

You got me beat. It took me 3 hours to clean mine after riding about 200 miles in the rain and thick fog Saturday evening and Sunday morning in Arkansas. 40 miles of that was through Scenic 7 and if you've been through there, you know how twisted and steep some of that is. It took me 20 minutes to pull the seat out of my a$$! Luckily when we left, I knew we'd hit rain so I took the full face helmet. The poor wife had to make due with goggles and a mask with her half shell. Ditto on the goggles that don't fill with water. By the way, we had an absolute blast!

Old 08-11-2008, 11:07 PM
56Maynard
Cruiser

Mine goes 80 miles round trip everyday rain or shine (Seattle).

Old 08-11-2008, 11:08 PM
CrimsonThunder
Road Captain

I don't even own a full face helmet. Can't stand to ride with one, no matter what the weather. I just slow 'er down and chug along.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
fotoflojoe
Tourer

Originally Posted by petemac
I can't count how many times I've been caught in thunderstorms this summer. Usually I have the rain gear and full face on and it's a non event. But last week I got caught in a monster thunderstorm with my half helmet and googles. WOW! I thought I was going to go off the road and crash since I couldn't see much past the end of the bike at times. Driving/pouring rain, hail and strong winds is no place to be in a 1/2 helmet and googles.
Rode through the storms yesterday on I-95 out of Burlington. Half helmet and sun glasses. Now that sucked.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahhhh....the joys of rain. I been lucky this year so far for the most part where rain is concerned, just a couple times i been caught out in it. nothing too bad. i'm sure as i'm typing this mother nature is listening...lol

Old 08-12-2008, 08:23 AM
JnT4Life
Tourer

Originally Posted by CrimsonThunder
I don't even own a full face helmet. Can't stand to ride with one, no matter what the weather. I just slow 'er down and chug along.
I don't like to wear one either but we got caught in the rain at night a couple weeks before wearing our half shells and glasses after I had just put the short tinted windshield on earlier that day. This time I thought oh he!! no! Not this time.

Quick Reply: Rode all day in the rain