Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rode all day in the rain

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:58 AM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

I've ridden for almost 40 years and never thought I could wear a full face helmet. Been trying them on for 5 years trying to find one I liked. Finally decided to buy one after finding a Joe Rocket Helmet that is very very very comfortable. Bought it specifically for rain and cold. Haven't had the opportunity to try it out in rain and cold but can't believe how comfortable it is compared to what I imagined.

Never too old to learn new tricks.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:44 AM
paulinwmass
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparkling Rain

Rode from Western Mass to Lake Saranac, NY Wednesday up rt9N along Lake George and Lake Champlain. Rained in Mass stopped in NY, removed rain gear it started raining, put on raingear it stopped raining repeat two more times. Finally we left rain gear on until we got to Lake Placid stopped at the brew pub for a pint with 8 miles left to Saranac. Figured we didn't need rain gear for that short hop. WRONG! We got caught in a torrential downpour. The wild part was during the heaviest rain the sun was blazing in the sky. I had my yellow tint glasses on so the water was sparkling like crystal. I was laughing my *** off as it was one of the most incredible moments i have had riding the rain was beautiful the situation full of irony. We did 300 miles dry and got soaked in the last 8 but I wouldn't change a thing!

Old 08-12-2008, 02:54 PM
my1sthog
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Rain ride

Me and some buddies got caught in a thunderstorm out here in So. Cal.
I kinda enjoyed it, I have a fairing on my SG, but my two friends were on their
softtails and had nothing. It was kinda funny to watch them in the hail!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:38 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

My dealership offers free detailing with each service... I figure at the cost of the detailing, I break even... LOL I wipe the bike clean with "Honda bright" in between, and I DO a decent job, but every 10k (5-6 months) I treat her to a factory service, and detail...

Old 08-12-2008, 04:12 PM
sonic
Road Captain

I feel your pain dude. Last week 4 of us rode down to Key West. First day 436 miles, over 400 in hard rain. No windsheilds, no floorboards two women (on thier own bikes) and all of us in our mid 40's. It was great!

Old 08-12-2008, 04:41 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Yep, livin here in Florida sucks in the summer! I ride to work everyday, and it's always a gamble.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:17 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Clean it good twice a year, ride it hard the rest of the time. It won't even notice. You're just wasting riding time.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:24 PM
tano01
Road Captain

Another Floridian here...ride everyday, get rained on quite often. I like riding in the stuff, but I can't stand the idiots who go dumb on the road and forget how to drive as soon as the wet stuff hits the pavement.

Riding in the rain is the best way to have a water-cooled HD (for those of you who want them).

Old 08-12-2008, 08:28 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

What do y'all think that solid or dashed line is for in the middle of the road? Certainly ain't to keep ya from passing a car or two, it's so you can feel your way down the road when it's rainig like hell

Old 08-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I've ever used in the rain was my 3/4 helmet and glasses hiding behind my w/s (or looking around it). Does a full face helmet make that much difference in the rain???

Quick Reply: Rode all day in the rain