Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear cylinder shut down

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:35 PM
bullmiller
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear cylinder shut down

went to dealer to do the recall on the fuel canister, and asked about doing the free download on shutting down rear cylinder on my '08 RC and was said they don't do it for free, is it not a free download for the first time or do I need to call another dealer?

Old 08-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Cheese Head
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was free.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:51 PM
bullmiller
Novice

I guess my "Dealer" and I use that loosely, has the need to double dip, I'll call another dealer. thanks

Old 08-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

Bull,

check your manual , or a search on this forum, I remember reading some of the guys with 08's talking about being able to turn that mode on and off yourself. I would not know for sure, since I have an 07. But I do remember reading a thread about it shortly after the 08's came out last year.

Hope that helps,

Scott
07EGC
IDS

Old 08-10-2008, 06:14 PM
LH
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott is right... the 08 Touring models are already programed for the rear cyclinder shutdown ... check your owners manual.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:33 PM
FLHTim
Cruiser

Only 08's after December with new ecm. Tried rolling throttle foward but no luck mine was built in Sept and by the way fuel canister broke today had to be towed in

Old 08-10-2008, 11:46 PM
bullmiller
Novice

mine was built too early

Old 08-11-2008, 03:22 AM
dcountryboy
Cruiser

Mine was too early also, as for the download.From what I understand it is a one time free download.You get the download one time free ,if you dont like it they will change it back but after that you pay.I have heard some say after they got it they did not like it .Hope this helps.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:33 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLHTim
Only 08's after December with new ecm. Tried rolling throttle foward but no luck mine was built in Sept and by the way fuel canister broke today had to be towed in
my 08 FLHX has a build date of 07/07, and it does have the rider controled system enabled. As I previously said, I can turn the throttle to the roll off position and hold for 3 seconds, and the ABS light will flash either red or green. I just leave the system in the on mode, because I have had it kick in only a few times this Summer, and it works just fine at cooling the engine down a bit.....it is almost seemless. If you didnt have a good ear for the way the bike sounds usually.....you would never even notice when the cyl shuts down.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:02 AM
RjCapp
Road Master

I have a build date of 3/08. I tried the to enable the heat management mode and was unable to do so. I am wondering if because I installed my own MAP from Latus I lost the ability to set the mode on/off with the throttle????

Quick Reply: rear cylinder shut down