Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger prices, Rapid City H/D in fantasy land

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey Joe, I am still hear and I will not respond to you as an $ss, and yeah I seen some good folk that have been contributing to this forum a lot longer than I saying the smart $ss level has really raised to a new level and talked of moving on, I hope they do not leave. I was glad to see your post...I trust the military is serving you well...thanks for serving.

As far as pricing of course it makes sense to buy 09 if thats what the pricing is for an 08...hey don't believe every thing you read about the 07's of course you already knew that.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why would you expect the dealership in Rapid to have reasonable prices on ANYTHING the first half of August?

Old 08-10-2008, 06:55 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

[quote] everybody needs to take a chill pill. no need to be bashin. this forum welcomes all opinions even the ones we dont argree with. so lets agree to disagree! [quote]

Ahh........a voice of reason.

I do all my own wrenchin', and built one of my scooters from the ground up. Never wanted to be a part of the "HOG Group" set where you pay the dealer 200 bucks to change your oil, sorry.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 08-10-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:02 PM
johnu
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be willing to bet they deal when they see the checkbook come out. Most dealers get tired of playing "would ya, could ya" all day long with the visitors who just want to "stoke" them for price.
JU

Old 08-10-2008, 07:03 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sharknose
Why would you expect the dealership in Rapid to have reasonable prices on ANYTHING the first half of August?
I understand where you're coming from, BUT......

Common Business Sense.....your top selling time of the year has just passed, and all the touring models you sold were all 2009's (and I mean all of them, they have no '09's left!!).......ALL of the 2008's you had sitting out there ARE STILL THERE. So....you lower the prices to entice their sale, because it's not gonna get any better as 2009 gets closer.

No worries though....when I want a bagger, I'll just buy used. If enough of us REAL riders (not rich snobs and internet bada$$es) start to feel that way, the market will shift and the Fat Cat's running the MOCO will have no choice but to drop their prices and come back down to earth and out of the clouds......it's not the mid 1990's anymore.

~Joe

Old 08-10-2008, 07:06 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by johnu
I'd be willing to bet they deal when they see the checkbook come out. Most dealers get tired of playing "would ya, could ya" all day long with the visitors who just want to "stoke" them for price.
JU
Yea...but the biggest mistake a dealership can make is to make a quick judegement on people.......EVERYONE is a potential sale. As I stated, I'll let the chumps fall for buying the older model at above market value.

~Joe

Old 08-10-2008, 07:09 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Dealers are hanging on to 08 inventory and asking a normal price to sell it. With the production cut, there may not be enough 09 bikes to go around. Our dealer here only has a few 08s left and they are still over msrp on the few they have and WAY($3K) over msrp on the 09s.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:20 PM
20RDKING04
Intermediate

Duh............

Old 08-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its the same here and I have to admit I was a little surprised. My local dealer is still asking the same for the 08's, even though they have several 09's on the floor. Its a lot different from last year when the market was flooded with too many 07's so when the 08's hit the floors HD had a low interest promotional sale trying to dump as many 07's as they could. My buddy picked up one of the last 07 FLHX's on the floor at the same time I got my 08. He paid almost $2,000 less and got a kick *** intrest rate. That S.O.B.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:34 PM
BigGstreetglide
Novice
Talking now what you mean

Your experiance in Rapid sounds like mine that i had just shortly after i bought a Nightster my first bike. I live in TN. Anyway i bought my Nightster at a local dealer and got a good deal. But later after a few trips with the wife and finding out just how much i love to ride rain or shine hot or cold and the wife liking to ride too. I took the Nightster back to that local dealer and wanted to trade up. They just looked at me said that i had to pay on the type of loan i got for a certain period of time before i could be concidered for another loan. So being the person i am i don't take NO for an answer. I went to they're sister store near by. They were alittle helpful but still couldn't get it done. So i figured i'd sell my Nightster on ebay. I listed it and shorly afterward i recieved a message from a dealer in Virgina. Longer story short i had to travel all the way to Virgina about 300 miles to get a deal done that could have been done right here. But its all on what the dealer wants to deal or not. Luckly one found me that wanted to deal. I'm ex static about my 08' StreetGlide.

oh ya one other thing. BlackWolf Harley in Bristol, Virgina gave me gas money to drive there to trade them my Nightster for they're Crimson Red StreetGlide.

Quick Reply: Bagger prices, Rapid City H/D in fantasy land