Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog membership towing question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:08 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I first got my HOG memebership I failed to look closely at the roadside service mileage with the basic package. I didn't find out until I needed to have the scoot hauled only 45 minutes and 54 miles that it would cost me an extra $65. What a deal!

Old 12-18-2010, 06:04 PM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the hog with $19.95 up grade used it when bike was new (fuel filter housing cracked) the flat bed was their within 1 hour and had a dolly set up for the bike no problems towed it to the local dealer.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:22 PM
MSgt Rose
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Progressive insurance as a USAA affiliate and they provide roadside assistance and towing to the best of my knowledge for a dollar a month.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 AM
evolau
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info on this post, I just decided to let my Road America lapse, just called AAA and they are now covering motorcycles even with their plus membership. I also have Formost Insurance for my 2 Bikes so I'm well covered.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:55 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Wow, this post is getting some milage,, started in Aug of 2008..

As I posted back in 08 - be sure to UNDERSTAND your current ins and tow package... not all AAA's will cover M/C's. I am in Turlock CA and my AAA will NOT cover a Bike.. I have the Hog Road America and have used it twice, not really a problem.. only thing is, you are talking to a person in another state and make sure they understand where you are and I Always carry a piece of paper on my bike stating what all MY policy covers. Like a lot of things in life - do your homework before hand and truly understand what YOUR policy will and will not cover.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
Wow, this post is getting some milage,, started in Aug of 2008..
Yes, but Manan put his own statement on this thread, instead of starting a new one. I think this was OK, don't you?

Originally Posted by harley0711
As I posted back in 08 - be sure to UNDERSTAND your current ins and tow package... not all AAA's will cover M/C's. I am in Turlock CA and my AAA will NOT cover a Bike.. I have the Hog Road America and have used it twice, not really a problem.. only thing is, you are talking to a person in another state and make sure they understand where you are and I Always carry a piece of paper on my bike stating what all MY policy covers. Like a lot of things in life - do your homework before hand and truly understand what YOUR policy will and will not cover.
AAA does cover Motorcycles, even back in 2008. I have had AAA in California and Tennessee. I first became a AAA member back in 1982. I have had my Motorcycle covered under RV in both states. It is just not on the coverage unless you Pay for it. It is under the RV coverage. If you didn't have RV coverage, it was because You didn't read the coverage policy and Pay for it. That is not AAA's fault. It is your. Like you have said, read and check any coverage you are thinking about.

I ride cross country every year and take trips with my 5th Wheel, and car too. I have used my AAA in several different states over the years without needing to have any kind of a "Piece of Paper" with me to Prove my coverage. All I need is my AAA card. This includes my Harley, RV or car. I have the coverage that does have this because I pay for it. I don't just expect to have it, I read and know I am covered.

Last edited by Ultra89Rider; 12-23-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:07 PM
slyder
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider
It is under the RV coverage.
Thats true. I few years ago on a cross country run we wanted to pull the trailer behind the bike and were worried if we had a break down we would be up **** creek....AAA insurance agent got us the RV add on and said we are covered. Its like $35 give or take a year more ontop of your AAA membership.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:31 AM
bogieb
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead3fan
I have AAA. It covers any vehicle that I am riding in, guess I should check to see if it covers the bike.
I found that mine doesn't cover bikes when I got a nail in the tire. It is in the RVing package (or something like that) - seems to be the most expensive one there is. Didn't upgrade but certainly plan on joining HOG before spring.

Yeah, I know, it was my fault - I had actually not even thought of the bike when we signed up for AAA.

Last edited by bogieb; 12-24-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Twin2
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems no one mention that for the extra 20 dollars you can have two bikes on your policy I have both of my bikes on there , the only problem I had with adding the 75 shovel was . you could not add it on line with road america web site - didnt like VIN number (too old ) call hog and they fixed that problem .I have had shovel towed for broken clutch cable . lucky I only waited a hour for flat bed . well worth the money - the 05 eg is covered by state farm and they dont have towing for this bike,

Old 12-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

Get AAA best coverage for the money all my 4 cars + RV and 2 bikes only for few $$ a year. Where cars have limit on miles for towing but RV & bikes AAA don't put any limits.

Quick Reply: Hog membership towing question